Tupe

Has any body even been tupe over

Won’t name names but place I work we have lost a big contract to another company. There in discussions about tupe.
What’s the score do we just move over on same terms and conditions were on.? Do we have to accept there terms .
Do you get forced over have a choice. Get offered redundancy instead. If not enough move over.
Just curious as we don’t loose work until end of this year anyway but curious what happens

I’ve had it happen once, didn’t press to see what options might have been but remained on same t & c as before.

Where I am now there are drivers on contracts from the current provider as well as the 2 previous providers.

Been TUPE’d twice. In both cases it was either accept their offer or not. No redundancy was on offer, if you didn’t accept, in effect, you had handed in your notice. In fairness, in both cases the terms and conditions remained the same.

As stated, TUPE is supposed to protect your rights when transferring. In most cases nothing changes at first, but new starters may be offered different T&C’s, also changes may be made at a later date, subject to notice and negotiation (a good union branch helps).

ive been tuped a couple of times but i dont remember too much about it , my wages and conditions stayed the same , the only changes i remember were i got a new uniform with the new company name on and a new unit , the units were leased so the old co gave them back to the leasing co , and the new co had to lease new trucks for the length of the contract which i think was 3 years , not sure but i think after 90 days the new employer can negotiate to change wages and T+C 's .

edd1974:
Has any body even been tupe over

Won’t name names but place I work we have lost a big contract to another company. There in discussions about tupe.
What’s the score do we just move over on same terms and conditions were on.? Do we have to accept there terms .
Do you get forced over have a choice. Get offered redundancy instead. If not enough move over.
Just curious as we don’t loose work until end of this year anyway but curious what happens

I’ve been tuped over 3 times now. The first time we got a payrise in line with the company that took us over. Everything else like payed breaks stayed the same. Same when i got tuped over the last two times. Nothing but the hourly rate changed. Was made redundant last month though and my payout was from the first job i had in 2001 up until now. So from all the time i was tuped over counted as continous employment. Something to maybe bear in mind if you have been there a while. Might be worth continuing with the new company .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies .As say not happening untill end of the year and anything could happen between now and then. Just have to wait and say what happens really… I’m happy where I am if honest but we’re see what happens over the coming months

I’ve a good mate who was tuped over to dhl from culina / stobarts when they took over donny / Goole ( changed to dhl wages ) , now been tuoed back to culina / stobarts as they’ve got donny / Goole back ( stayed on dhl wages as higher ) , according to him it will take a couple of years at least for culina / stobart wages to catch up with dhl rates so will stay as he is & consider what to do if / when they catch up ,
I was talking to a culina driver the other day at a cash& carry & apparently he’s still on a walkers crisp contract , my understanding was PepsiCo pay his wages / towards his pension etc , must be a few years since culina took that work over

They can’t change anything on your contract same job same conditions, the only thing you lose is anything that’s personal from the original company like pension or discount benefits, they can’t even change your substance allowance
And there’s no 2 years it’s set in stone they can never change it and that’s the law no matter how many times it changes hands
There may be cases where this has not been the case but that would be from bad representation or company is to small

I know of a group that were moving over to a much better contract, but alas quite a few failed the drug test and didn’t get taken on. Oops!

I’ve been tuped a couple of times, first into canute, and from then into xpo. In both cases we kept our pay rates, T&C etc. However, both companies paid their own drivers more than us and flatly refused to even discuss pay parity. I stopped longer than I should out of a misplaced sense of loyalty but eventually was sickened by company attitudes and walked, but that’s a separate story.

The other thing about tupe is its an all or nothing deal. They have to take the good as well as the dross, so you’ll still be working with the same idiots.

Also, although you are are on the same T&C as your old contract I think they have to issue you a new one with your name on and the new company name within (I think) 30 days, but I may be wrong on that time limit.

I also believe that the new company only has to honour your T&C for 12 months. After that- look out!

It’s been a while since I looked all this up though so things may have changed. Those are purely my recollections.

There’s something going on between wincanton , bimson , ibstock over tupe , Union calling it vile what’s going on , put a search in , wincanton / bimson & you can read it