Tupe over to another company

Any advise on how a tupe agreement works,and does your new employer have to honour your terms and conditions for a curtain length of time,before they can change them

conditions did not change for me when I moved from Reading (London Weighting) to Scunthorpe and then to Hull

m.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1655

TUPE went out the window when the company I worked for was taken over by another. Worked in a bus depot for 5 years and the company sold off a load of their depots for cheap. Anyway, new company took over, bunch of cowboys, and within the first week, our shift patterns were changing, we were working non contracted days for basic pay, people were working on their own in the depot till about half midnight from 2130, oh it was a nightmare! Think about 60% of the drivers left within the first month, load of poles and south Africans and the likes working there now.
After about a month and a half, I got sick of constantly having my week changed around and working different days every week, I finished my shift on a Sunday afternoon, locked the workshop, left my keys in the lock, locked the yard and never went back again.
Think for about a year after they took over, busses were running with no MOT, services and inspections were behind by months and people were walking out here, there and everywhere. To this day, they are alwas short of drivers so that says something, it’s like a revolving door policy there! Only a handful of people who I used to work with still there now.
Long story short, it was a bad takeover and the union hid under a rock and all the “reps” walked. TUPE should have been honoured but wasn’t, company didn’t want to know anyone from our company as we were being paid like £1.50 an hour more than their guys so they just wanted us gone anyway.

Good times eh…

This will have been near the top of the CBI’s shopping list of ‘red tape’ for cameron to get rid of. It will be ‘sold’ as progress and modernisation of outdated working practices standing in the way of the fabled recovery.