Tuffnells or Rushnells?

Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand that Parcel firms have deadlines and have to cope with huge demand in the UK, but my god the amount of tuffnell wagons that i see trying to overtake anything and everything at 56+ even when an overtake is impossible, do there drivers have a healthy diet of Pro plus and Redbull each shift?? :slight_smile:

wilko77fc:
do there drivers have a healthy diet of Pro plus and Redbull each shift?? :slight_smile:

All their drivers are aerosols, one in a DAF drawbar once grassed me up because he couldn’t squeeze through in a 2 lane roadworks section, nkawer:evil:

I once did a run for Tuffnell’s from Crawley to Northampton, swap trailers, up to Donington on the M1, swap again with a driver from Newcastle (because he can’t do Northampton and back in the tacho time), back to Northampton, swap again, back to Crawley. The second time at Northampton, their guys did the coupling stuff and you should have seen the speed at which they drove their shunters and my tractor unit! It was crazy, and dangerous. Still, the best night’s work I’ve ever done - my first job driving a full-size artic and it’s when I learned to couple and uncouple.

They seem to be exempt from displaying a number plate on a lot of their trailers too.

that makes them exempt from speed cameras .

rigsby:
that makes them exempt from speed cameras .

No it doesn’t; Trucknet CSI would identify them.

I have noticed their Kamikaze driving skills.
Most of their trucks are dented, scratched and bits torn off them.

wilko77fc:
Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand that Parcel firms have deadlines and have to cope with huge demand in the UK, but my god the amount of tuffnell wagons that i see trying to overtake anything and everything at 56+ even when an overtake is impossible, do there drivers have a healthy diet of Pro plus and Redbull each shift?? :slight_smile:

true 100% wilko- done 3 separate stints night trunking on tuffs drawbars over the last 15 years., and when alls said and done the main problem with the job is impossibly tight scheduling.,ie you drop a drag which immediately gets picked up by another poor sap who is also on job and knock who is also stressed to ■■■■ :unamused: and you have to do a box/demount container changeover too while you are in depot.,given the generous time of 15 minutes to complete the entire operation…(safely!?) wtf etc we all know it cant really be done right. PLUS when drivers are doing the same run every shift,then boredom and over-familiarity encourage them to start taking ever sillier risks to speed/spice things up a bit…dont get me wrong., there are some good lads on there,who can drive., but job and knock culture is the best way of ensuring they all drive like t###ers and pee everyone off :imp:

On the M6 northbound after J12 thought roadworks one of the greens finest drivers decided he had enough of do 50 mph in lane 2. He decided to try and go flat out in lane 3 (6’6’’ restriction). He only had inches to spare when over taking trucks. He was there for a good 2 miles I hung back waiting for a collision. He was ■■■■ lucky.

I don’t mind the blind bend overtakes so much, well done FedEx, but when you’ve done your best @ 44t to not hold UPS up any more than you can help on a two way road only to have him give you an almighty blast and an invitation for coffee soon as you reach the dual carriageway its a bit much…this was at 0420 and 0430 on Tues this week, if they’re that bulging eyed stressed at that time in the morning what are they going to be like 10 or 11 hours later.

i just wonder if its now a module or something that comes with the cpc that drivers must be able to find faults in all other drivers and try to report them or make a song and dance over what goes on daily in the driving game

just how long have you guys driven for ? you should be used to all the nonsense that goes on and be able to deal with it without the need to protest the moment someone doesn’t indicate or they pick there nose while driving

just concentrate on where the cpc is sending you and get on with it would be my advice, or if you must moan your arses off about other drivers and there lack of skills, then just accept anyone with half a brain got out of driving a while ago, so all that’s left are guys like you in the game.

how i miss the old drivers at least we had a laugh and we did look after each other, there would always be one brown nose creep in the firm but now the firms are full of brown nose little herberts all waving there cpc card around to show there now professional drivers with some sort of skill of turning a steering wheel

Desypete, the thread is about the superb driving skills of a large parcel firm, I could say I have a chip on my shoulder, as my ex boss shared a yard with the green machine.
I left my car parked, came back to the rear and front wipers torn off.
Apparently I had parked in their area, which nobody told me, I asked for the cctv, what a surprise, it wasn’t working.
Some firms do not allow loo stops to parcel hubs due to security, this may explain their high speed antics.

we are all to blame though, well a good majority anyway, we order stuff or want stuff straight away, we cant wait it as to come next day,

but tuffnells, a few years ago dunno if they are still there but it they were based on wallows in brierley hill, my mates brother went down ad hoc after a job, he went in and asked if they had any warehousing/forklift jobs, he got asked if he had a license, yes, return at 6pm, he went down at 6 pm and got handed keys to a wagon and drag and paperwork for a night trunk… he didnt even have a car license… arse on a seat is all they were after

Doesn’t matter wether you are a crack on merchant have a cpc card or blah blah blah. The man was a ■■■■■■ for going in outside lane. Even worse when it’s been turned into a 6’6’’ warning. Anyone who defends this driving is not a driver in my book but an idiot anyone can see this is an accident waiting to happen.
I appreciate there are things we can do to get the job done quicker which might involve a bit of dodgy dealing but this was out and out lunacy.
I moan on here like the rest of us but I’ve never reported someone but I’d be heavily tempted if I seen this again. The truck next to him had nowhere to go as he overtook and as I said there must of only been inches apart.
So please don’t defend him if he crashed it would of been his own fault. Truck in lane 2 would of had that choice.

desypete:
i just wonder if its now a module or something that comes with the cpc that drivers must be able to find faults in all other drivers and try to report them or make a song and dance over what goes on daily in the driving game

just how long have you guys driven for ? you should be used to all the nonsense that goes on and be able to deal with it without the need to protest the moment someone doesn’t indicate or they pick there nose while driving

just concentrate on where the cpc is sending you and get on with it would be my advice, or if you must moan your arses off about other drivers and there lack of skills, then just accept anyone with half a brain got out of driving a while ago, so all that’s left are guys like you in the game.

how i miss the old drivers at least we had a laugh and we did look after each other, there would always be one brown nose creep in the firm but now the firms are full of brown nose little herberts all waving there cpc card around to show there now professional drivers with some sort of skill of turning a steering wheel

All that time on the couch must be doing you no good, you going for a full days trolling today?
You’ll never know what modules are on dcpc, you didn’t do it, rather put yourself on the dole. It shows you haven’t been in transport a while, nobody even mentions the dcpc let alone waves their card around.
You’re right though, all the drivers with half a brain got out leaving us with a full one to get on with it.

I know a guy that used to work for tuffnells, he left & now works for Ramage. Nuff said.