Trying to pass my test

Warren T. Claim:
Did you take your test at the Ben Nevis test centre Rog?

We have a super steep hill on the Leicester test routes where you could use 5th for down hill but I think most use 4th :wink:

C-Kay:
Their website says you have be 18 to train for a Class 1 license, i thought it was 21?

From 10 Sept it is age 18 and they probably cannot get anyone new through before that date so therefore it is correct.

You want to make sure that you pass your next test and the last thing that you should do is go straight into a retest.If you fail that it will put a huge hole in your confidence.Have a two hour lesson and assess the situation after that and if necessary another two hour lesson but do not book a retest until you and your instructor are happy.I would avoid having a lesson immediately before a test,just make do with the drive to the test centre,it will be a lot less tiring.Your money is better spent on training than donating to the DSA in test fees.Some schools are all to keen to bang in for retests for financial reasons.Try and forget about getting through before Sept 10th CPC deadline,you might be lucky or you might not but its something you cant do anything about so you may have to bite the bullet.Just think if you pass with a new CPC then you will be better qualified than some other newbies.

Deathstar:
You want to make sure that you pass your next test and the last thing that you should do is go straight into a retest.

Not always the case - if no more is to be learned from more training then what is the point of paying for more :question:
The majority of test fails are simply an error or two done on test and more often than not, are down to nerves - no amount of training can cure test nerves.

Deathstar:
I would avoid having a lesson immediately before a test,just make do with the drive to the test centre,it will be a lot less tiring

A good school will not give a ‘lesson’ just prior to test but will use the hour or so prior to test as a ‘warm-up’ drive and only pointing out where the examiner is likely to make a mark for a minor or a serious if they had been on test at that moment.
The idea is to make the warm-up drive as relaxing as possible without undue pressure.

Deathstar:
you pass with a new CPC then you will be better qualified than some other newbies.

That has some credibility but how much ? - only time will tell !!

SO should i go back for a 4th test.

truckeral:

If you can afford it - yes.
From your previous posts it seems that you do not have an ongoing fault that you are likely to fail on.
It seems that you know what to do so you just need to go and do it.

OK thanks. :slight_smile:

dont give up now al. YOU CAN DO IT. :sunglasses:

truckeral:

Of course you should…from what I have read, your only “failing” seems to be nerves

You can do it and you will do it!!!

truckeral:

hi mate take it again

one thing i don’t know where you do your training but if the school as an other instructor why not go out with him/her for your test as it looks like nerves to me, and if you have someone diffrent in the cab before your test it may put you at ease,
i am sure some instructors have probably done the same but could be wrong

Cheers guys :smiley: need to save some cash right now.

truckeral:
Cheers guys :smiley: need to save some cash right now.

Hi truckeral, my instructor (Paul at Wiseknight in Moggerhanger, Beds) was brilliant & told me to forget that it is a test & just drive to my best ability. Once you have nailed the gear change/range switch sequence in your head it is so much easier. I spent a few hours with one of my sons drum sticks the night before the test as a gear stick just going through the motions of low range 3rd start to high range 5th to 7th to 8th etc etc. Sounds daft but it got me a pass on the day i think. Just relax & take BIG breaths before you start a manovre & i think you will sail through next time, if you dont then keep going in for another test & you will pass sooner or later. Just tell yourself that you can do it after all its only a bigger car ! Lets us know how you get on & the best of luck :wink:

I had serious problems with the 4 over 4 box while training, instructor would always say “When coming to a stop, hand brake, neutral, rest feet, cancel signal, switch down”. It made sense, a good little saying, still use it now, keeps everything in sequence too. :smiley: :smiley:

4 over 4 boxes are a piece of cake now, although I still make the odd error, still learning which is a good thing. :smiley:

Stu