Truswell Haulage

Anyone had anything to do with Truswell? I’ve got an interview with them tommorow afternoon. Wages? Vehicles? Conditions?

Any info would be welcome.

Gloria.

truswells are at dodworth in barnsley, the mainly run daf cf’s and some are ■■■■ heaps. i did my class one with them ( euromark training )
they do a lot of steel, and thats all i know.

They keep alot of trailers next to cairn lodge on the m74 too so must do scotland alot. Unless it’s just a changeover yard…

greggy:
truswells are at dodworth in barnsley, the mainly run daf cf’s and some are [zb] heaps. i did my class one with them ( euromark training )
they do a lot of steel, and thats all i know.

have a chat with sammyoposite on the old time thread i think he worked for them . i did a week on the agency for them but dodworth is a bit far for me -working out of tinsley wire then bottles out of beatson clarke running rotherham to barnsley they asked me to go the week later&i said i would if i could work out of sheffield-best work out of corus they seem to keep drivers long time-alan

Beetie:
They keep alot of trailers next to cairn lodge on the m74 too so must do scotland alot. Unless it’s just a changeover yard…

I’ve seen a few of their trailers on the land next to the SECC in Glasgow ? (they have been there a while)

i subbed fulltime for truswells for two years, very good company in the old school haulage style, i beleave their regular drivers are on a basic plus bonus based on what the wagon earns but in the time i was with them i don’t remember a driver packing in which sugests it wasn’t a bad crack.
with the demise of corus steels they don’t do half the steel loads they used to but seem to do alot of palletissed stuff now on tauts, units are xf’s, fh’s and the odd merc.
i reckon you could do a lot worse in this area.

Thanks for the replys.

I went to see them yeterday and I was impressed with what I saw and heard. All I’ve got to do is pass a driving assessment next Sat morning and then the job is mine.