Truss vs Sunak

ROG:

stu675:
Sunak should never ever be forgiven for Covid. Covid wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for him and his handouts.

I thought Wuhan in China was responsible :question:

Without the handouts, the lockdowns would not have been possible. People would have had to been allowed to work and to consume (i.e. provide other people with a living), and the country’s finances would not be in the dire straits that they are.
Wuhan, you have to trace that further back to the US government probably for responsibility.

Weve had 3 weeks of non-government as Sunak and Truss battle it out for the votes of a tiny proportion of the population. Another 3 to go. Meanwhile the current idiot in the Westminster village says the power companies "should act in the national interest"! Which nations interest, I wonder?
They aren`t all UK owned. And as private companies they are there to make a return for shareholders, anything else is a dereliction of management.

That Johnson etc are merely making noises to appease voters has been clear for a long time.
Asking private foreign companies to do what the UK Gov should be doing really is taking the ■■■■.

Franglais:
Weve had 3 weeks of non-government as Sunak and Truss battle it out for the votes of a tiny proportion of the population. Another 3 to go. Meanwhile the current idiot in the Westminster village says the power companies "should act in the national interest"! Which nations interest, I wonder?
They aren`t all UK owned. And as private companies they are there to make a return for shareholders, anything else is a dereliction of management.

That Johnson etc are merely making noises to appease voters has been clear for a long time.
Asking private foreign companies to do what the UK Gov should be doing really is taking the ■■■■.

Act in the national interest like withdrawing from the Paris Accord and abolishing the £78 per tonne ‘carbon’ tax and removing VAT from fuel and stopping exports of our oil and gas resourced.While we pay as much for our own oil and gas as Germany and France while they tell us to go all nuclear electric.
National interest indeed.

Franglais:

A pertinent point, mostly overlooked/ignored. Not only do the utility companies not re-invest their profits into the infrastructure (leaking water pipes…), they actually tale 5he profits out of this country…

You’ll be waiting in vain for any of our politicos to mention that though. After all, it was them, who sold all our real estate to foreign companies, to shore up their budgets. I.e. to pay for tax cut bribes for Doriz and Derek in Tunbridge Wells…

We need a comete overhaul of the system… dispose of the current crop of self serving lying scumbags in Westminster, and nationalise the essential services and utilities.

March on Westminster Brothers and Sisters :smiling_imp:

Franglais:
We`ve had 3 weeks of non-government as Sunak and Truss battle it out for the votes of a tiny proportion of the population.

Its a bit like being in a union at a company, if there’s a union meeting or a vote then the non union members arn’t invited or consulted or get a vote, because simply they aint in the union.
Neither you or i and the vast majority of the country, sensibly, arn’t con party members so quite correctly we don’t get a say, the con party members have been given Hobson’s choice anyway as neither contender is remotely conservative by any stretch of the imagination.
Oh they’ll hint at the right things, but just as it’s been ever since i’ve been out of nappies these people have no concept of honour, their word means nothing, you couldn’t trust them to tell you the time.

3 weeks? it might as well be 3 or 30 years and they’ll still be wrecking everything, it would be more efficient to by pass the well rewarded middle men/women/other politicians and uncivil service altogether and let Blofeld plus Persian Cat plus assorted members of Spectre sign off on the fate they have decided for us directly, it would at least be an honest dictatorship rather than the elected smoke and mirrors version we’ve had for decades.

and another bus went past

Juddian:

Franglais:
We`ve had 3 weeks of non-government as Sunak and Truss battle it out for the votes of a tiny proportion of the population.

Its a bit like being in a union at a company, if there’s a union meeting or a vote then the non union members arn’t invited or consulted or get a vote, because simply they aint in the union.
Neither you or i and the vast majority of the country, sensibly, arn’t con party members so quite correctly we don’t get a say, the con party members have been given Hobson’s choice anyway as neither contender is remotely conservative by any stretch of the imagination.
Oh they’ll hint at the right things, but just as it’s been ever since i’ve been out of nappies these people have no concept of honour, their word means nothing, you couldn’t trust them to tell you the time.

3 weeks? it might as well be 3 or 30 years and they’ll still be wrecking everything, it would be more efficient to by pass the well rewarded middle men/women/other politicians and uncivil service altogether and let Blofeld plus Persian Cat plus assorted members of Spectre sign off on the fate they have decided for us directly, it would at least be an honest dictatorship rather than the elected smoke and mirrors version we’ve had for decades.

and another bus went past

To be fair all the Bond film baddies and Stalin combined didn’t have the propaganda arm, creating the amount of useful idiots in support, that agenda 30 has got.
Even Blofield would have beaten Bond with the BBC onside.

ROG:
Truss idea is to make the rich better off with her plan
Sunak has a much better plan for targeting the less well off

Boris was the right PM for Brexit
Sunak will be the best PM for a financial crisis

Whilst I suspect that Sunak is going to come from behind to win this, “Deep State Pick” and all - it is worth mentioning that Sunak’s Handouts, on which I had another thread going - are only to those people “not actually seeking employment”.

With the recession coming, THOSE people - are going to have the pressure to “take a job, any job” taken off their shoulders.

Meanwhile, people claiming “in work” benefits, of which there must be an awful lot of the lighter-skinned foreign nationals right now - are getting quietly thrown under the bus…

We’ve already had the IR35 crackdown, sending a good many of them back home again.

How many of them got re-employed in any decent-paid job after the lockdown though?

Then there’s the issue of these “cost of living payments”:

One lot is supposedly for people claiming any kind of benefit - but NOT those benefits that involve “in-work” payments though.
The other lot, with a wider net coming our way this Autumn - a lot of people are expecting, nay COUNTING on getting in time for the winter doubled-down fuel bills…

Thing is, if a person is on job seekers allowance, say - and you take a minimum waged job, which USED to entitle one to a UC top-up - now if you are getting paid any wage at all that means you don’t get a benefit payment each and EVERY month - you don’t even qualify for the £326 payment - so how on earth can anyone working qualify for the Energy Bill payments expected this autumn■■? :open_mouth:

The Tories have effectively “double-means-tested” these payments, which only the workshy and disabled will qualify for.

“lack of access to the NHS” among the general public however - means that that old loophole of “get diagnosed with a bad back, and get benefits for life, no restrictions, no pressure to take a job” - is fast being closed, making Sunak the “Thatcherite” he indeed claims to be…

Quite frankly, we need a leader who gets britain back to work again, not pushes people all the way off the edge that used to be sat squarely in the middle, classes AND Politics…

I can see Keir Starmer inheriting number 10 in 2024, now that there’s no other names on the ballot paper left to “get rid of the Tories” with… Where’s the TDS-like hatred for Sunak meanwhile? He’s a Tory ain’t he? C’mon Man, Lefties! - Where’s your hatred all of a sudden? Stop buggering about with these “Green” protests, and let’s see Sunak get the same treatment Boris got - from youz, on the left at very least… :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Winseer:
“lack of access to the NHS” among the general public however - means that that old loophole of “get diagnosed with a bad back, and get benefits for life, no restrictions, no pressure to take a job” - is fast being closed,

^ A ‘bad back’ never exempted anyone from the ‘all work incapacity test’ unless they were effectively paralysed from the neck down and even then they’d probably still be called in to make sure and to obtain evidence by self incrimination in the case of any suspected scammers.

A clip from last night`s “GB News”…umm…thing…
youtube.com/watch?v=z_6O5zJBMe8

GB News ?! This small channel is a bastion of those who have the vote in the current Tory party.

Anyway, the heavily loaded question, about the NHS:
It is currently performing badly, (after years of under-funding) so let`s cut funding even more…

Totally divorced from any form of reality. The audience, chairman, and the Tory candidates are all talking in a little private world of nonsense.
The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

both are WEF stooges…and have the same agenda :frowning: pity we can’t have Neil Oliver as PM.

carryfast-yeti:
both are WEF stooges…and have the same agenda :frowning: pity we can’t have Neil Oliver as PM.

Bloody good bloke he is.

carryfast-yeti:

Like Peter Hitchens Neil would be reviled and rejected by the major parties, none of the main parties want common sense integrity or the bitter truth spoken, so veiled are they in propganda corruption and lies they couldn’t cope with someone honest and decent.

One would hope he would be invited to join the alternative genuine conservative minded parties in some senior role, not in their present form which only serves to split the vote of people who have come to the conclusion both main parties are dead and not only don’t represent their core voters but actually despise them and all they believe in.

The alternative parties need desperately, and not just for their own sake but for the sake of what’s left of our country, to bury their differences and unite under one umbrella and provide a genuine alternative to the bad joke that our democracy has become.
Until there is such an alternative neither the good lady or myself will ever vote again, i flatly refuse to vote for what we are told is the least dangerous of two parties whom one wouldn’t trust to tell the correct time, much of the western world is in the same boat.

I agree though, Neil Oliver would make a fine politician, his monologue last night reminded me of one Oliver Cromwell pleading for the scum in parliament to go youtube.com/watch?v=U6gmPrQQwuk&t=102s
his monologue of last week was one of the best most honest speeches its been my pleasure to listen to, worth looking up.

Peter Hitchens is on top of what is really going on in Ukraine, but even his reports have to be guarded in nature, lest he be accused of being a “Putin Apologist”.

I have not read anywhere else among mainstream columnists with regards to the false-flag throwdown atrocities being perpetuated by the hordes of Asov “Batallions” going around, trying to press-gang locals into taking up arms against Russia, when all they want to do is get the hell out of dodge with their possessions already loaded onto wagons…
Minutes later, entire familiy shot to death, with bodies left where they fell for fake accusations about non-present Russians “doing that” when no one bothers to even ask what the motive for such an atrocity is…

Both Sunak and Truss as was outgoing Boris - are all of the spoken line that “Russians have committed 100% of all atrocities in Ukraine” which cannot even be statistically true, let alone actually true, if you think about it.

The Ukrainian forces would have to be the best army since the Spartans to have achieved such a high kill ratio that we’ve been told of, dozens of Russian generals killed, hundreds of colonels, etc - whilst at the same time NO accidental “Friendly Fire” incidents where they “accidentally” RPG’d a local bus, after Western watchers (scant few that there are…) affirmed that this public transport bus was NOT in fact taken out by a Russian Strike, as there were none within 50 miles at the time, and no airtraffic conrol able to confirm of incoming missiles from anywhere, let alone Russia or Belarus territory…

And regardless of who becomes PM then - we - the British Taxpayer - are continually and approvingly FUNDING all that…
Putin’s retaliation, meanwhile, is to choke us off with our own sanctions that seem to be making us all poorer rather quicker than they are busting a few Russian Oligarchs along the way…
The Ruble far from being “Rubble” is now at multi-year highs against even the US dollar, supposedly an currency now in an inflationary spiral (we’re told), that strangely has gone to multi-year highs itself whilst Gold - languishes in the doldrums… Fiat Currency usually drops like a stone, and Gold usually rallies when “Inflation” even appears along the horizon… The markets tell the OPPOSIDE story though, that in fact DEflation is shortly to take hold, the moment everyone’s CREDIT LINE runs out at public spending level.

“Inflation” then - is yet another piece of Fake News, and a scare story into tricking us into spending all our life savings now so we then cannot eat later at future lofty prices…
The Bank of England’s continuing rate rises alone will plunge us into the worst recession since the early 1980’s THIS side of Christmas, if not abated.
Who can afford mortgages going up by £500+ a month these days? THAT will choke off demand like nothing else.
Soon, people will only be able to raise cash by selling actual stuff they own, rather than borrowing more on the plastic, against their properties, or putting in more hours at work to make up the gap.

What we need is a general election with a political party currently holding zero seats to come along and overtake at least the Greens, Nationalist Parties (Plaid, SNP) and Libdems (Remainers) - to force the main two parties into actually serving the British People of whatever broad makeup we are nowadays and STOP this daft practice of throwing our money away overseas, let alone for “Atrocity” or “Alturistic fraudable” reasons (where no accounting ever has to be made) - lest this country finally rise up and do their own thing…

“When people lose everything - they lose it.”

Even as a Boris Voter - I’d be happy to vote for anyone but these two.

I won’t be voting Tory now that Boris has gone though.

I might now consider voting Labour if they are bold enough to bring Corbyn back along similar lines to the juggernaut that is bringing Trump back on the other side of the pond as we speak…

Corbyn once said that he was the “Anti Establishment Candidate” - and in that regard, I’d agree that he actually has something IN common with Trump and the growing army of primary-winning Trump endorsed candidates shortly to take over the GOP in America.

Let’s see a concerted movement of WORKERS, shed “Momentum”, and instead act as a decent and proper trade union movement, acting for the British People, instead of trying to bring down the UK government - and nothing else.

I continue to watch developments at Felixstowe with interest.

I personally won’t be voting Labour if it’s Keir Starmer, but there’s still time to get rid of him for a Corbynite, if not Corbyn itself.
Even Corbyn has spoken out against Ukraine as well btw, which has elevated him considerably in my own eyes of late…
Even folk like me can be sold to by that proverbial voice “Crying in the Wilderness” at the end of the day…

I feel sorry for Corbyn the same way I feel sorry for Trump in the way his own party stabbed him in the back, so he couldn’t win in the end…

Is there anyone on here who thinks we would not now be SUBSTANTIALLY better off as a country if Corbyn had won in 2017…? All Corbyn then had to do to placate those that voted against him - would be to “Stall the reversal of Brexit” expected of him - and how hard could THAT be eh? :exclamation:

We’ve elected Richer people to ruin the lives of Poorer actual WORKING people for long enough.
It’s time for REAL Change in this country, just as is going on in America now, both North and South.

“News Blackout” when there’s nothing negative to be reported about the “Upstarts” of course…

Oh, and just for the record - Neil Oliver gets a tick for being the “Acceptable Face of Left Politics” in my book, btw.
The SNP have been an effective block against a Labour majority for some time now. The future will be decided by any future scottish politiican who can talk around players such as Neil Oliver in all this. A proper, and re-affirmed LABOUR party would go a long way into doing that, I reckon.

Do we need a “Fourth Party”?

If Labour cannot reform in time - then hell YES!

Franglais:

So now Truss has said that if she comes to power, she might have a snap budget.
But won`t bother with doing any troublesome financial analysis of outcomes first…
Pure political dogma superseding any form of sense at all.

Franglais:

Franglais:

So now Truss has said that if she comes to power, she might have a snap budget.
But won`t bother with doing any troublesome financial analysis of outcomes first…
Pure political dogma superseding any form of sense at all.

The government have already lost control of interest rates, rates dictated by the now shrinking demand of mainly the Chinese in buying up all the bonds this country attempts to float each and every month.

Any “Emergency Budget” would likely place this country right back to 2011 as a “lesser evil” rather than cut the taxes for those workers who’s jobs are about to disappear anyways…

It won’t do any good though.

The only way out of this country’s current economic woes - is to cut Ukraine loose at very least…

Even as we speak, we’ve got that old fool Boris still pretending to visit Kiev, - a place where I don’t believe he’s ever been as it is…

The Establishment have picked a personal war vs Putin’s Russia. Better for the UK population if they damned well ALL resign, and make such “publicity stunt” trips over to a country that is neither our ally nor would benefit us in any way even if Ukraine ends up winning what the west has now turned into a “Vietnam” for Russia.
Sooner or later, Ukraine’s emboldened death squads are going to set off a nuke in Russian territory to see if Russia’s “Dead Man’s Switch” nuclear deterrant is actually a big bluff or not.
If it is - a western invasion of Russia can then begin, also at our expense. If it isn’t - we’ll all be dead 4 minutes later.

Is there anyone left on here who remembers as a kid “Rationing” upto 1953?

“You can have butter or jam, but not both”.
“Bread and Butter Pudding”
“Apple Crumble”
“Beef Dripping”
and all the other trappings of “prolonged austerity”…

Polio, Measles, Chicken Pox/Shingles and Tuberculosis are all making a comeback, and don’t get talked about despite killing already rather more people than anything “Covid” related.
(Don’t take my word for this, check out the “Lancet”)…

The rising inflation rate will also assure that Benefits fall behind most of all.

Now imagine armies of out-of-work AND starving ferral types going around killing other family’s kids on a whim…

“Austerity” has consequences.
Chosen and Enforced Austerity” has DISASTEROUS consequences! :frowning:

Winseer said
‘‘Polio, Measles, Chicken Pox/Shingles and Tuberculosis are all making a comeback, and don’t get talked about despite killing already rather more people than anything “Covid” related.
(Don’t take my word for this, check out the “Lancet”)…’’

As Valerie Singleton and John Noakes would say on Blue Peter back in the day, ‘‘here’s one we made earlier’’, without doubt a handy vaccine conveniently concocted that doesn’t need any that pesky testing, will cure and prevent the spreading of whatever disease we wheel out this month, trust a health expert who’s bank balance is doing rather well there’s a chap.

The sheer gall of Fishy, in his interview in the Speccie, he knew lockdowns and the whole bloody farce were wrong but lacked the honour and decency to do the right thing, ie resign and go public with his disquiet when it could have made a difference and saved so much destruction of life and economy, is this the type of character one chooses as a leader, an overgrown schoolboy who daren’t speak out? or someone who went along with poilcy to suite personal ambition?

As some of us foretold 2 years ago, the finger of blame is going in the direction of the ‘experts’ who They allowed to basically run the country if you believe this interview, ‘nothing to do with me guv i wasn’t allowed to speak out’ so instead of doing the right thing, ie resigning and telling the country the truth, he, along with the rest of them, all equally to blame, went along for the ride and shared in the destruction of the country and the ruination of so many lives of so many within, and so many yet to come…and each and every one walks away from office richer than they started, usually with honours, you couldn’t make this up.

Does he really think that admitting this qualifies him to lead the country onwards, Jesus wept we’re in a bad place when this example is the best leader this country can produce.

The whole Johnson cabinet from the start of the covid farce should be disqualified from future ‘public service’ (they know not the meaning of the term), instead the tory party will continue to dig rapidly when already the hole is so deep that only echoes of the lies float to the surface.

It doesn’t matter which of these clowns becomes the next PM, Labour will almost certainly form the next govt together with the SNP et al, and may God have mercy on our souls.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62664537
I offer you the BBC report for ‘fair unbaised balance’ :wink: :laughing:

Juddian:
It doesn’t matter which of these clowns becomes the next PM,

Juddian:
The whole Johnson cabinet… … should be disqualified from future ‘public service’ (they know not the meaning of the term),

To that extent we agree.

Juddian:
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62664537
I offer you the BBC report for ‘fair unbaised balance’

I was a fan of the BBC, and still do read much of their output.
However they aren`t and never have been beyond reproach.

The MMR ex-Dr Wakefield issue was when I saw how difficult un-biased reporting could be.
Giving equal time to two sides of an argument to a lay audience is not un-biased.
No more than giving David Icke equal time with Prof Brian Cox on the origins of the universe!

The current bunch of Tories (in the past there were some honourable ones) simply slag off the Beeb at every opportunity, the absolutely clueless Dorries, threatens them at every chance, yet we have had a revolving door ``tween “the party” and the Beeb.
The Telegraph is now slagging off Emily Maitlis…could this be because she is now free to speak?
telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/0 … ournalism/
(Paywall but the headlines are enough if you baulk at paying)
theguardian.com/commentisfr … rt-lecture

Truss got it
Oh dear - if what she said in her campaigning goes ahead then the rich are going to benefit more than those less well off