Truffnells and MJ Baker Foodservice

Does anyone have experience with either ? Truffnells offering 7.5t work and MJ Baker offering class 2 work both around £24k-£25k. I know it’s multi drop it’s to get some experience behind me! I never went for the Gregory job due to the commute to and from.

I do class 1 for Tuffnells and its alright… If you do a bulk route expect 5-20 drops if you do a full round then 30+ is the norm.
Good thing about Tuffnells is they have plently of 18t wagons and artics so there is room to progress.
Also it’s almost always kerbside delivery.

Ok thank you the job on offer is collection and delivery driver, what kind of customers do you deliver to ?

Businesses and residential drops. It’s a bit of everything from airfields, army barracks, shopping centres etc… Anywhere basically. 70% of your drops will be to industrial estate though.

Doesn’t sound to bad to start with then

I work at tuffnells and it’s a sinking ship at the minute getting rid of managers cutting down on everything
Treated like crap,expected to do the impossible,wages not the best,still in the 80’s,I could go on and on
I’m looking for another after Christmas but not be much about I expect
It’s gone downhill since the connect group took us over
Go and look at reviews on indeed it a real eye opener go to trust pilot if you want a real giggle
Hope this helps :smiley:

That may well be true. Like most companies it depends what depot you are based at.
Like most companies there will be bad and good depots.

They all bad bro I’ve done nights here been round majority of depots all the same zero ■■■■■ given
I’m on days now and need a Chinook helicopter it’s kaput
Our 7.5 tonners go out with 70/80 drops expected to do it all then collections no bring backs if you do they take your bonus no overtime some blokes out til 8.00

I’m class 1 on days.

If its a busy day I might have 10 deliveries.
If it’s a quiet day I just sit around waiting for collections.
80% I’m just doing collections.

Frag me 30+ drops.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

devondriver:
Does anyone have experience with either ? Truffnells offering 7.5t work and MJ Baker offering class 2 work both around £24k-£25k. I know it’s multi drop it’s to get some experience behind me! I never went for the Gregory job due to the commute to and from.

Tuffnells advertised constantly! They pay a salary and not an hourly rate and cant keep drivers for a reason perhaps? :open_mouth:

Like I said it varies from depot to depot. Most of the drivers at mine have been their for years and have it quite easy.