TruckyBoy

Hey Bob…
just noticed you are down the road from my old habitat :smiley: :smiley:

I used to work for Gains Transport in Deptford (Used to subby for Gunns) and pull out of Parker Packing in Surrey Docks…

Do you remember “Charlie Robsons” in Deptford(used to have the contract to distribute Holstein Beer) and ran a smart fleet of scanias??(along with theTottenham FC team bus)

Nother one I forgot… a regular job in Charlton just behind the Co-op funeral service was a warehouse where we used to load boxes of almonds to take to Quakers in Southall… I believe it was part of South London Storage (SolStor)

Now I have started… memories are flooding back… is Chas Armstrongs still going (from Jamaica Road) they had a OLD but Immaculate fleet of day cabbed rigids. but no matter where I went in the country one of those gits was spotted :smiley:

Rikki-UK:
Now I have started… memories are flooding back… is Chas Armstrongs still going (from Jamaica Road) they had a OLD but Immaculate fleet of day cabbed rigids. but no matter where I went in the country one of those gits was spotted :smiley:

I think I remember them Rikki! Were they painted up Brown in colour? they had some immaculate Lynx’s if I remember right!

Mal:
I think I remember them Rikki! Were they painted up Brown in colour? they had some immaculate Lynx’s if I remember right!

Thats them Mal… a chocolate brown livery… they ran AEC’s at the time I was around, they used to buy Knackered old trucks and completly refurbish them

Mal, do you reckon by these posts that Rikki could be another closet anorak for the club? :wink: :smiley: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

I remember Robsons… I worked for him part time for a while… he had Scania Centurion’s … very nice rigs

hi guys…well i live in charlton so i have to remember the old co-op depot along the woolwich road…next to the funeral parlour…ive got a one way journey there later on in life..ha ha ..and robsons..yes they lost the contract with holstens cos of some skulduggery..but well keep quit on that one…i bumped into a relative of robbos a while ago..hes running a wharehouse in deptford storing beer for youngs brewery amongst others…great guy…we ended up talking about the old days…but i dont know too much about those… :wink:
and chas armstrong…well i must admit that he had an immaculate fleet, a proper haulier in those days…i dont know how he avoided being taken over by hiltons transport…anyway i used to work for hiltons.they took over the old united glass factory and started buying all the small companies in the area and putting them under one name…i think its called buying up the opposition…ha ha or making bigger profits…whatever…transport will never be the same again…oh well gotta go…gotta do the ironing for the old woman comes home tomorrow…ha ha dont want her to think i`ve been doing nothing all week…
bbfn
bob…

Coffeeholic:
Mal, do you reckon by these posts that Rikki could be another closet anorak for the club? :wink: :smiley: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Definately! all the signs are there Neil! :laughing:

Rikki-UK:

Mal:

Thats them Mal… a chocolate brown livery… they ran AEC’s at the time I was around, they used to buy Knackered old trucks and completly refurbish them

They were nice motors Rikki, I remember the AEC’s as well, I spose they would have been Mercury’s?