Truckworld, Thurrock?

Yes, i know Truckworld closed it’s doors a while ago, but, earlier this year i heard several stories that the management team were planning on restarting on the land opposite the “new” CO-OP rdc.

Did anyone else hear this, and does anyone know if anything ever came / or is in the pipeline ?

I have kept meaning to take a quick “nosey” down that way, but not had time or chance, used to go into P&G quite regularly at one time, but not been in for months.

Hi rustler, glad you’ve brought this up as i was meaning to post on it & had forgotten.

As i was about to load out of P & G Saturday morning i went for a nosey to see what was happenning. T World is well & truly gone (I’d heard a rumour it had opened up again). The old sign is still there, but the site has new industrial buildings going up on it.

After you’ve gone over the (railway?) bridge where the road does a sharp right, there’s a sign up for a Truck Stop. Triton? or similar. (knew i should have written it down). :blush:

There looked to be lots of trucks parked in there (8.00 sat morning) but the entrance gate was half closed■■?

I`d of never thought of having a banana with my pint untill i stopped at Truckworld :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it has opened although it is quite limited compared to the old place, security however is much better.
to access the truckstop you need to go into the chemical plant so as you go over the bridge - instead of turning right you take the road straight ahead - follow it around until you come to the security office, they will then direct you to the parking area around the back.
it’s not cheap though and i called early this year and there was no proper facilities there then although they were planned. the security guy told me they only had a toilet block and a vending machine, i’ve never felt the need to return as containers are a little easier to defend than a tautliner and most of the time i’m up the north now anyway.

nianiamh:
I`d of never thought of having a banana with my pint untill i stopped at Truckworld :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that was the best bit about it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

the rest was a total ■■■■ hole

i parked there a couple of months ago. as johnny said, the security is
good but no facilities. however for my £15.00 parking fee they did have
a bloke with a trani minibus who quite happily takes you round to the
plant toilets which also have showers, he waited untill i had got sorted
then took me & 2 other drivers about a mile up the road to a pub with a
chinees chippy opposite. then came back for us about 2 hours later as
agreed when he left us.
a good night was had by all. :stuck_out_tongue:

i wish them well with the new site and hope they continue to go to those
lengths to keep the drivers happy :wink:

mr jinx:
agreed when he left us.

The pub sounds like the Rabbits. It used to be good food when Pat from AT Stevens was running it. Can you drop your trailer in the truckstop. If so you can then park at Grays Harris Trucks where there are 3 good food pubs and a launderette within 5 minutes

Wheel Nut:

mr jinx:
agreed when he left us.

The pub sounds like the Rabbits. It used to be good food when Pat from AT Stevens was running it. Can you drop your trailer in the truckstop. If so you can then park at Grays Harris Trucks where there are 3 good food pubs and a launderette within 5 minutes

Wheelnut can you give more specific directions to this parking at GH Trucks & these pubs please?

Harris Trucks is the Daf dealer at the end of the road to P&G. Next door is a small parking area with a wooden greasy spoon. Not bad food but parking is tight. There is a pub straight across the road that does food and football. If you turn left at the roundabout there is a hotel / pub that do rooms and food The other pub is a 5 minute walk towards the bridge

Sounds like you are talking about Titan Truckstop West Thrrock.

If you are coming round the 25 Clockwise then take junction 30 second exit off the roundabout keep to the left lane and go past the entrance to the services at the round about take the 3rd exit A1090. If you are coming anticlockwise the come off at J31 just after you have come out the tunnel at the round about take the first exit A1090.

Once on the A1090 straight across the first round about first exit off the second you are on london Road, at the lights turn right over the bridge straigt on at the next two roundabouts Oliver Rd follw this to the 90 degree bend where it meets Stoneess Road on the bend take the right turning. follow it down past the first security hut follow the road to the right and you will see the entrance to titan infront of you.

You can come around the other way on the B186 but is a little longer but avoids the VOSA check point they often setup on the A1090 at the first roundabout.

Hope that helps, might see you there sometime :slight_smile:

Pub, chinease chippy and shop are all on london road shown by the PO on the map above.

Not been down there since i retired [7yrs nearly] so i can take it can i that the log cabin next to the r/bout at the daf agents is long gone.

it was still there when i had to go and get some bulbs just before my retirement, i parked there to go in the motor factors at the back of it, so about 4 months ago, still good grub as well

you could always use junction 26 truckstop its only 20 minutes away

dave cordell:
you could always use junction 26 truckstop its only 20 minutes away

and imo well worth it.i try to park here as often as i can needs to be bigger though now i got there at 5am the other day and it was already nearly full

The cabin is still there parked there last night what a ■■■■■■■■ toilets and showers were rank.The plus side is the ship up the road good food,ale and a good crack with some mega trucking drivers.Will be in that area again tomorrow so will try the titan one will post fri with some feedback

Nothing much changed in 7yrs then,thx for the info.

i didnt stop at titan couldnt move for containers they were everywhere so managed to get to j 26 ,great stop it is aswell will defo use that one again never ever using the cabin absolute dump inside and out

Its the log cabin I was talking about, yes the toilets and showers leave a lot to be desired but if you are weekended it is very welcome. Regular buses to Grays and Morrisons.

Good Cafe though and the Ship is my favourite anyway, although the chinese banquet is worth trying near the club