Truckworld, Thurrock

Pulled up to the barrier on Weds night to book in, to be greeted with any number of posters announcing that as of Fri 28th July they are closed, ie last night you can stop is Thurs 27th.
Now it has never been my fave truckstop, but where else is there to stop around there - you can’t get on Services for foreigners. Also what is going to happen to all those that used that as their O licence centre ?

I spoke to the guys there the other week, apparently the sites owners are pulling it down to put up warehouses, obviously more money to be had in storage. Truckworld was a great place to stop when it first opened, but it has been left to go to rack and ruin, no point in investing in somewhere thats days are numbered.
As for where else to stop, the Cabin is a good little place, (just off the last roundabout before you get to truckworld) but with the emphasis being on little, you have to get there reasonably early.

Whats Lakeside like these days…?

harry:
Whats Lakeside like these days…?

its a BIG shopping centre innit ■■ :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

But you could always find parking around the back of the units… :sunglasses:

If you’ve got the time what about Nell’s at the Gravesend turn off the A2? They serve proper meals in the evening, have a small parking area but close about 8 or 9 I think.

Or the Treasure Chest on the old A2. Take the first turn south of the tunnel and follow your nose. Don’t know what hours they keep though.

Wrong side of the river…

Lakeside not good they clamp you there.But you could always use the Cabin on the rounderbout where you go across to truckworld .Although it does get packed at night.

Very sad to hear of the end of Truckersworld.
OK, never the greatest place in my opinion, but at least it was there!
Hate to keep going on about it, but this makes it all the more important to keep up the pressure in fighting in favour of J26 Truckstop being granted a permanent licence.
So far, due to all the pressure from truckers writing to the council, they have been granted a fair hearing and an extension.
No other country in Europe treats it’s truckers so badly and caters so poorly for their needs.
This situation has to be redressed. The trucker is an important part of the British economy and it’s about time that this was brought to the notice of those who sit in offices all day shuffling papers.

As for parking around Thurrock I can only think of the side roads around Purfleet LGV test centre. Not many of the roads are yellow lined so there is always a chance of a nights sleep although its a little bit of a way down - and no facilities - as usual.

As it’s my neck of the woods I can tell it don’t look good for overnighters.

The cabin fills up real quick, the services is always filled to bursting point and yes they clamp you round lakeside.

However if you go to the services roundabout and turn right towards tesco and turn right again at the next roundabout and then left at the next roundabout (only a matter of yards between them) you can park along this road, there is a 24hr double decker bus along here serving pretty good grub, it sits in a side road.

There’s the Oak cafe on the old A13 with a good size parking area, from the M25 head into London on the A13 and come off the Wennington turn off (the first exit), turn right at the roundabout and it comes up on the left

& of course the layby`s on the A13.

never mind where you are going to park what about those strippers :unamused:
Where else are a load of tired out, hackneyed, blue veined tarts with squeezy bottles and repetative tired old routines going to find work■■? Talk about selfish!!! :smiling_imp: