Truckwash or Handwash

Just wondered who goes to a Truckwash and who washes their own?

I give her a blast with some nice cold soapy water from the pressure washer, we get paid extra bonus to wash the trucks.

That takes about 30 mins normally but i bet a truck wash does that in 3 mins!!! but have not seen many about on the road and i bet they cost a fortune to have one installed at work■■?

I only throw some water over it when I can’t see out of the windows… :sunglasses:

I do it myself aswell get the pressure waasher out of a friday and spend a good hour washing the wagon down,
although I’m banned from washing it for the next month as the paint needs to harden propperly according to the workshop foreman

If i use a truckwash(non brush type) its purely out of desperation. Otherwise its by hand. A thorough but quick wash down is 70mins. Pre show wash can be up to 150 mins.

we dont have a truckwash and our jetwash is broke - so ive been throwing a bucket of water over it just to see out the windows - my unit used to be white :laughing:

i hate driving a dirty unit - it does my head in :laughing:

what does a truckwash charge anyway? - i suspect too much :confused:

Truckwash. It’s a tool not a jewel :wink:

Seany:
Truckwash. It’s a tool not a jewel :wink:

Spoken like a true pilot :wink:

merc0447:
what does a truckwash charge anyway? - i suspect too much :confused:

Bang on.Truckwash’s are a total rip off,a timber truck like mine would cost €50 over here and they’d miss half the dirt?
I washed it 3 times this week so you can imagine if i had to use a commercial wash we wouldnt last long.
A powerwasher is only a couple of grand and a gallon of agri diesel will do one wash. 45 litres of detergent(delta force max strength)costs €65 and will last for 20 washes. Its bad business to use a commercial wash i think.

If truck wash prices were reasonable then i’d use them.
But until then, it’s will have to be a ■■■■■■■■ for me.

Definately hand wash for me. We get paid 2hrs a week to wash so it doesn,t feel like to much of a chore, although getting started sometimes isn’t the easiest thing.

limeyphil:
But until then, it’s will have to be a ■■■■■■■■ for me.

:laughing: YOU’LL GO BLIND!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■■■■■ here :laughing:
We have a drive through wash to run the trailers through but they dont hardly touch the truck so its done by hand
A quickie only takes about 15mins cold jet wash with a good going over with a soft brush

At my place we have a couple of young lads on wash duty, they do a really good job too so I try to get them to do it, I always drop em a drink so they look after me, if they’re gone or too busy I can use an outside wash, but they don’t do as good a job, it’s washed but not clean.

If I want it proper clean though it’s a diy job, bucket of soapy water, a sponge & a warm hose pipe is the only way to do that.

Both…we have a bloke/blokes who handwash the truck/trailer then it goes thru the brushes

We have to use the truckwash at Whitwood, no disrespect to guys that do it but they miss a fair bit, and they can’t do the door behind the tail lift.

I would prefer to do my own but due to environmental policies :confused: we cant have a jetwash. At my last place they had all sorts of meetings with environmental health, detergent reps and Yorkshire water, just so we could use the jetwash that we brought 500 yards when we changed depot.