Trucktables trucknav

whats the point in buying one of these if you dont get LIVE traffic information about accidents ahead or road closures
without that info you can be driving unaware straight into long delays
with that info you can immediately come off the motorway and use your brain on an alternative route while other vehicles plod on ignorant of problems ahead
i presume the device automatically re routes you if you come off the route its telling you follow

villa:
whats the point in buying one of these if you dont get LIVE traffic information about accidents ahead or road closures
with that info you can immediately come off the motorway and use your brain on an alternative route while other vehicles plod on ignorant of problems ahead
i presume the device automatically re routes you if you come off the route its telling you follow

Yes it does,also you can put in to avoid sections of road in your route so although it may not offer “live” traffic it does have to ability to route you around it once you know where the problem is.

How old are the maps though and can you put 3rd party speed cameras on like the PGPSW ones with variable distance warnings?

Ken.

Co-Pilot Truck is another option at a similar price; it’s an app you can use on your phone or android tablet and it’s the best truck nav I’ve used.

Only downside is you need a ton of free space (between 1 and 2 GB) as all the maps are offline, but this is a plus as you’re not relying on internet. Never tried to send me down any suicide roads and the traffic info and display is the BEST I’ve ever come across.

Something else to think about :sunglasses:

p.s. licence is stored to your account, so it doesn’t matter how many times you change your phone/tablet etc, you can download it an infinite amount of times and it lasts for life.

Hi seen these on ebay r they really that good I hope im looking at the right one as going to buy one whats the name of the one you’re talking about. :smiley:

Quinny:
How old are the maps though and can you put 3rd party speed cameras on like the PGPSW ones with variable distance warnings?

Ken.

Latest maps are April 2015.No idea if you can put 3rd party speed camera database on it.

Jimmy d:
Hi seen these on ebay r they really that good I hope im looking at the right one as going to buy one whats the name of the one you’re talking about. :smiley:

These ones

ebay.co.uk/itm/Exclusive-69- … SwKIpWCYZb Non bluetooth

ebay.co.uk/itm/TruckNav-Spec … SwhcJWKlKd With bluetooth

Jimmy d:

Jimmy d:

Type in trucknav on ebay or his webpage is called trucktables,i orderd mine direct off chris for 71.98 without bluetooth then I saw on ebay the ones with bluetooth are cheaper at 71.49 !! But hey ho,mine should be here tomorrow,hope there as good as the reveiws!

facebook.com/chris341?fref=ts this is the guy from trucktables. sound fella always helps and responds quite quick. Unless you ring or text after 10pm when hes asleep lol.

xichrisxi:

villa:

Yes it does,also you can put in to avoid sections of road in your route so although it may not offer “live” traffic it does have to ability to route you around it once you know where the problem is.

so are you saying it has RDS-TMC

villa:

xichrisxi:

villa:

so are you saying it has RDS-TMC

No,you asked if it re routes you if you deviate from the given route…my answer was yes it does.

eddster1979:

xichrisxi:

daftvader:
Been using mine for a week now…No issues so far with it…Apart from it has’nt got the new speed limits in it…So the thing keeps pinging…Other than that can’t fault it…

You can turn off the speed warnings in the settings

When entering the truck dimentions,can u change feet and inches to metric?

Well my trucknav arrived today it seems good,i wil try it this wk,it has a driving time management function and when I go to it it has the settings for 15 min breaks etc and 4.5hrs driving but I cant seem to set the timers to count down any ideas chaps?

eddster1979:
Well my trucknav arrived today it seems good,i wil try it this wk,it has a driving time management function and when I go to it it has the settings for 15 min breaks etc and 4.5hrs driving but I cant seem to set the timers to count down any ideas chaps?

Are you actually using it yet cos the timer only counts down while your driving

wing-nut:

eddster1979:

Are you actually using it yet cos the timer only counts down while your driving

Oh I see!! I will try it tomorrow! Cheers, it came with some do’s and donts unstructions with it and it says always have the power plugged in,and when the truck is switched off we should trn the gps off or the data might be lossed,that could be a pain,is that how u do it

eddster1979:
Oh I see!! I will try it tomorrow! Cheers, it came with some do’s and donts unstructions with it and it says always have the power plugged in,and when the truck is switched off we should trn the gps off or the data might be lossed,that could be a pain,is that how u do it

No I don’t do anything like that, just leave it plugged in all day. If your power supply is not live when ignition turned off, internal battery will take over and you just have to keep an eye on it and turn ignition on if it gets too low.

Yeah leave mine plugged in all day too…Battery has’nt got a long charge of it’s own…I do exit the navigation prog before turning it of though…Like he advised…

daftvader:
Yeah leave mine plugged in all day too…Battery has’nt got a long charge of it’s own…I do exit the navigation prog before turning it of though…Like he advised…

Cheers lads,i gave it a trail run on way to work today,having few teething probs with the sound gone off,i wil have a better luck after,one thing I did notice was,i had it set for truck mode on way to work and it was warning me off a low bridge,the bridge was 15.9 and the nav said it was 13.75 so it was trying to send me 20miles other way to avoid it,but I know weve to use our eyes as well as any sat nav isnt fool proof