Trucktables satnav?

Somebody had one for sale on here and they’re priced reasonably. Does anybody have any experience of using this satnav? What’s it’ like?

Want to know myself. My 7100 is playing up and may soon need replacing

Have a look in FOR SALE :laughing:

Mines the mutz nutz :grimacing:

Aye, I have one and it’s pretty decent. Once you set-up the vehicle profile, it won’t take you down roads with any relevant restrictions. If you choose to ignore it and go anyway, it gives ample warnings & re-route options. I’m in and out of farms a lot though, so it often pops up with ‘legal restrictions’ for the private access roads / tracks. You just dismiss them, but it can get a little irritating.

The thing i find refreshing with it, is that it doesn’t argue with you. Like if it says turn right and you think sod that, I’m going this way… it will reroute almost instantly. No ‘do a u-turn’ BS on repeat for 10 minutes that some sat-navs do (that boils my ■■■■).

The only problem I’ve had with it is that if you try to be too fast with it (pressing buttons too quickly/too many buttons at once :laughing: ), it can sometimes crash/lock-up. It runs on Windows after all :unamused: It’s happened to me twice. There’s a reset hole on the back which will force it to reboot, so not the end of the world.

I haven’t figured out how to update the maps/cameras/etc on it yet though. Some of them (cameras) are out of date / wrong limits (showing lower than the actual limit).

Overall, for £60-odd quid. Buy it.

HTH

OK thanks Chris. Anybody else used it?

I’ve been using one for the last couple of years, and had no problems st all. The guy who sells them gives his mobile out quite freely and will answer any questions straight away, and if you talk to him nicely he’ll sort out an up to date version of the maps.

Ader1:
OK thanks Chris. Anybody else used it?

yes done farms in Shropshire! Been up Scotland, Dover, Wales and Devon and no [zb]s with it! £59 plus £4 :laughing: postage absolute bargain! I sold my snooper 7000 two years ago ish to look after the wife thinking no more tramping without sleeping bag/ nightout gear just in case :grimacing: as I was a day man :laughing: HOW TIMES CHANGE :smiley:

I have been using one for the past three months. I have used it alongside a truck specific one inbuilt into the cab, i trusted the inbuilt one first and it sent me a few odd ways but the trucktables one has always been spot on. Now i use the trucktables one and tell the inbuilt one to stfu

I’m tempted by this but how do you update the maps on it? is there a website or something?

Cheers in advance for any feedback.

markc1290:
I’m tempted by this but how do you update the maps on it? is there a website or something?

Cheers in advance for any feedback.

Ive not bothered as its only months old but there is an option to do it, and like has been said the guy tells you to contact him directly should you want to ask him anything. So i am sure he will run anyone through it

Ok, sounds straight forward.

It can’t be updated easy as the program and maps are , diplomatically putting it, ‘fixed’ doing any updates will ‘break’ the licence on the device.

It can be updated if you know what upto doing but at moment the maps aren’t that far out so not bothered yet.

Even the guy who sells admits this when I spoke to him. For the price they are a bargain and work very well once you get to know way round the menu to set up for truck size etc.

Can’t go far wrong with one

I will be honest, I have one as spare, my main is the tomtom 5150 and it is 90% fine and that suits me as I go to nooks and crannies all over so I generally google map street view a place I am unsure off (our offices info on postcodes is dubious at best :wink: )

Though I do carry and have used the Philips HGV atlas, trust me this helps :laughing:

I am a firm believer in technology but I truly think Shropshire (I go there a bit) was forgotten about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A-Sure® 5" Truck GPS Navigation Tom POI Lorry Car Bus Caravan HGV LGV on Ebay :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Try the satnav that I use on Ebay, I have had one for about a year now and it has never let me down, even tried to confuse it by going through 7.5T weight limits and low bridges and it comes up with a warning every time. When planning routes it always goes around the restrictions. It only costs £30.90 and worth every penny, comes with the map updates via the seller. Top tip, don’t blindly trust satnavs no matter how much you pay for them. Look before you drive down any roads make a educated assessment for yourself.

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve got the AA trucker’s atlas. Is the Philipps better? I’ve seen a couple mention it now.

Ader1:
Thanks for the replies.

I’ve got the AA trucker’s atlas. Is the Philipps better? I’ve seen a couple mention it now.

In my opinion, No! The AA is much much better laid out than the Phillips with much clearer bridge symbols and page to page transition, Ok so the Phillips is a newer publication release (doesn’t prove the maps are new though) but the overall layout is much better with the AA over the Phillips.

I’ve always bought the AA one except for this year I decided to get the Phillips (seduced by the newer publication date) but I really regretted it once it arrived and will be updating my 2008 AA as soon as possible and relegating the Phillips to the bottom of the useless stack of books pile.