Are they any good?

Truck tables or dash cams?

m1cks:
Truck tables or dash cams?

:laughing: , both are good if you get the right one :smiley:

Ok…for the comedians…

http://www.hgv-trucktables.co.uk/dash-cam-with-8gb-sd-card.php#

This is what I am enquiring about…?

I can’t comment on the quality or reliability as I haven’t got one like this but after owning a few the general rule of thumb I’ve learnt with dashcams is ‘you get what you pay for’

Go onto Amazon and order the eprance g1w. Same price as the truck tables one, but it’s proven quality rather than a gamble on some no name Chinese thing.

I have £350 dash cams as well as the g1w, but it holds its own when it comes to image quality.

I have one of eBay the gs8000l. Works well, and is easy to use once you sus it out cos the instructions are in Chinese. Put the memory card in your PlayStation or whatever and watch the days escapades. £22.95 delivered

Just had a look at both. The Amazon one states, “Memory card : TF Card up to 32GB (Optional)” - ‘scuse me for being old an’ not with it technologically speaking, but does that mean it can record on a built in memory, but you need a card to have any decent memory?

The G1w doest have any built in storage, you must use a micro sd card for recording on, upto a maximum of 32GB.

Just bought the G1W today, looking forward to using it, have a watch of this video (the guy reviews many others too if you check his channel)

As mentioned above, you do need to supply and fit your own micro SD card but check carefully and make sure you’re buying a Class 4 or 6 as it apparently doesn’t like the Class 10 ones! (you can buy a bundle on Amazon that consists of the camera and a 32gb Class 6 microSD)

Using a class 10 in mine with no issues at all.

The G1W…is it 12/24v? Or just 12v?

12v or 24v

109LWB:
Using a class 10 in mine with no issues at all.

I dunno I’m just going off the guys review blog Class 6’s are cheaper anyway :laughing:

Bought my boy one of these last week, and as they were only £19.95 I thought I’d treat myself to one as well. Paid extra for a quality 32 gb memory card and am more than happy with the performance.
In fact on the first day my boy had his, some prick in a car pulled across his front so he had to brake suddenly causing his load of palletised bags to shift slightly, enough for the forkie to refuse to unload them, and my boy showed him the dash cam view and the tension of the situation eased a little.

ebay.co.uk/itm/301042725960? … EBIDX%3AIT

ebay.co.uk/itm/400698704025? … EBIDX%3AIT

I don’t know what one expects of these and what is the difference between price and performance, but I’m more than happy with this.