Truckstops and parking getting media attention at last

robroy:

LazyDriver:
There has been mentions of the M25 not being serviced by a decent stop. Junction 26 is as good a place as any imo. It’s fair to say there’s a bit of the Somme about it with regards to parking surface. But survive that and the food is decent and the albeit expensive bar is available. The ‘beach bar’ boarders on trendy. :smiley:
The showers are good although there needs to be more toilets.
It’s on snap with a meal voucher included as standard. No extra charge for it. It gets full early doors, but you can book. The carpark is marshalled, so you need to give a leaving time when entering as they stack you accordingly. So, it called Junction 26 and it’s on M25 at j26. There are no ‘MSA signs’ for it as it’s technically not on the M25, it’s just below it. No further than say Cobham is off the carriageway. Maybe because it’s exclusively for trucks it can’t be designated a MSA.

It may well be ‘serviced as a decent stop’ I wouldn’t know, I’ve never been, but in relation to how many truck spaces there are there, and how many trucks in that area are looking for parking places overnight, and around the entirety of the M25, there should be about 10 more truckstops (or specifically designated parking areas for trucks or Euro style rest areas) around the M25…at least.

Of that there is no doubt, especially as it’s the last motorway before that black hole of parking that is Kent. But I thought this thread was to big up decent truck stops while rubbishing woeful ones. (unless the convo has moved on, I’ve always been a bit slow :stuck_out_tongue:)

^^^^Nah, I was just commenting on your post mate .

Robertthegreat:
They keep building new industrial parks all over the country that will have trucks arriving everyday and no parking signs on all the roads on it .What they should do before giving planning permission is that they provide a parking area for the estimated amount of trucks they expect per day on the estate.
With toilets and showers that are manned and paid for by the company’s on the estate. And for use by transport companys that are delivering or have delivered to company’s on the estate. Easy to check with drivers paperwork.

Simple, effective, affordable (part) solution.
It is the kind of system that should be mandated at Government level whilst we have their attention regarding these issues.

IMHO
Stockyard always been great and continues to be so

J23 at Shepshed is pretty good but the loo situation for women is a joke. When they are unlocked though the shower is hot

I liked Formula 1 as well but not tried the showers. Food was great

Chippenham always full unless you can get there early. Food good but gone down recently

The Route 74 place near Glasgow (mentioned earlier in this post but I can’t spell it) the showers have those blasted buttons that last 10 seconds and you have to push it again. It’s also right next to the wall so you can’t cheat and use a clamp. I hate them!!

I hate parking in laybys and don’t feel safe at all. I can’t use a bottle and those she-wee things are OK until you laugh! During lockdown it was cheaper to stay in the Travelodge than pay for MSA so I did that a lot. Now the prices are too much again

Don’t Panic! (and carry a towel)

That TN-favourite institution, the RHA have a plan! A 12 point plan no less, the last point for them to consider adding to their list was about improving things for drivers yay!

Oh… but only at delivery and collection points, not out on the road. :unamused:

Close, but no cigar

rha.uk.net/news/news-blogs- … oportions-

Town centre parking will disappear altogether soon if idiots like this Bulmans driver in Brighouse tonight continue parking like this

^^^^ cracking night there in Brighouse, but you’re right, they’ll spoil it and before you know it that whole estate will be double yellowed. Is that one of the side roads near Lidl?

No, armytage rd, plenty wide enough. Maybe you are thinking of Castleford, that’s gone now, all council signs etc

Unfortunately no idea how to rotate photos! Makes me angry as this is why we lose parking places

Ah right. I normally park on the other side near the big Sainsburys.

As for your photo rotation, if you’re taking a picture with an apple device hold it horizontally so that the shutter release is done by your right thumb. Works every time.

Robertthegreat:
They keep building new industrial parks all over the country that will have trucks arriving everyday and no parking signs on all the roads on it .What they should do before giving planning permission is that they provide a parking area for the estimated amount of trucks they expect per day on the estate.
With toilets and showers that are manned and paid for by the company’s on the estate. And for use by transport companys that are delivering or have delivered to company’s on the estate. Easy to check with drivers paperwork.

Getting closer…
Proposals for new or expanded distribution centres should make provision for sufficient lorry parking to cater for their anticipated use.
In addition, the government’s policy is clear that development proposals for new or expanded goods distribution centres should make provision for sufficient lorry parking to cater for their anticipated use.

Source:
gov.uk/government/speeches/ … mmediately

Bin Man:

Beau Nydel:

Roverman:
Ref. Showers,

Yes, some of the showers are good, BUT, …toe fluff/■■■■■/bogies/arse-cheese anyone?

God, if that’s what you leave behind I hope I never use the shower after you :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Remember the days when we were not allowed to go swimming at School - if we had verucas■■? :unamused:

I NEVER go into public showers without a pair of flip flops. :bulb:

Those Waberers drivers are hot. :laughing:

God, if that’s what you leave behind I hope I never use the shower after you :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I once had the joy of stepping on a cold Brad Pitt and feeling it squish in between my toes. I will probably never forget that moment.

Judehamish:
No, armytage rd, plenty wide enough. Maybe you are thinking of Castleford, that’s gone now, all council signs etc

Unfortunately no idea how to rotate photos! Makes me angry as this is why we lose parking places

Double click a photo file on your device, and it should load up in whatever the device’s default photo displayer software happens to be…

There will then be an option in the pull down menues to “rotate”…

Once you’ve done that, re-save the image overwriting the old one, and the now-corrected picture gets saved in place of the tilted one taken by the Batman Photographer…

Amazon don’t seem to have listened to the concerns of drivers, since they opened the new depot at Follonsby,Washington the laybys in the area are full of tractor units by day and night. These laybys are nearly all right next to busy roads, totally unsuitable for an end of shift rest break. How anyone can sleep with vehicles passing by at speed is beyond me. Tractor units were parking in an old railway line next to the depot, but it looks like the local farmer has had enough of the rubbish being dumped there and had them moved on. Regards Kev.