Truckstop Brough A66

Anyone know where this truckstop is, that is signed at the Brough exit as you come East- Bound on A66, also, is it any good ?
Stopped at the old Stainmore cafe t’other night, food was so-so, but the carpark ( i use that term loosely ! ! ) is a disgrace … pot-holes you could loose a wheel in ! Last time i saw things as bad, was on Destination Doha dvd. You have to “try” to walk across to the cafe in the dark without going up to your knees in a puddle of mud !

Didn’t there used to be a pub,just to the east of Brough,where trucks used to park?

As you pass Brough,look to your left,and there appears to be,what can only be described as the old part of the A66, (Now the B6276.) and just a little further on,you can see a pub.

I seem to recall,up until recently,it was still used,but can’t say if it is still open,now that the cafe at Stainmore seems to be used more.

Ken.

Quinny:
Didn’t there used to be a pub,just to the east of Brough,where trucks used to park?

As you pass Brough,look to your left,and there appears to be,what can only be described as the old part of the A66,and just a little further on,you can see a pub.

I seem to recall,up until recently,it was still used,but can’t say if it is still open,now that the cafe at Stainmore seems to be used more.

Ken.

That was the Punch Bowl. it is now closed due to prats parking there and eating in the cab and then spending 50p in the bar.

There was a cafe in Brough village which could almost class itself as a truckstop. Ive not been in for years but it was still open last time I was past

i thought that parking at the punch bowl , you had have a meal in there . condition of parking

holliefabbabe:
i thought that parking at the punch bowl , you had have a meal in there . condition of parking

They probably tried that, but it didn’t work as it has been boarded up for at least 2 years.

When we were running up to Scotland every day, you could guarantee that there would be at least 2 of our trucks in the Red Moss, Golden Fleece & the Punch Bowl every day, including weekends :stuck_out_tongue: We woz regulars

Used to like the Punch Bowl, good food and beer. Remember all those old ties from drivers that used to hang at back of bar?

The Rustler:
Anyone know where this truckstop is, that is signed at the Brough exit as you come East- Bound on A66, also, is it any good ?
Stopped at the old Stainmore cafe t’other night, food was so-so, but the carpark ( i use that term loosely ! ! ) is a disgrace … pot-holes you could loose a wheel in ! Last time i saw things as bad, was on Destination Doha dvd. You have to “try” to walk across to the cafe in the dark without going up to your knees in a puddle of mud !

come into brough its on your left hand side, pub over the road, or it was last i was there

The Rustler:

if you think its bad for trucks in those craters , you ought to have seen matey trying to turn his big posh 4 wheel drive and caravan round, at one stage i thought hed beached the caravan, when hed finally got out of there he must have spent 20 mins crawling round under it surveying the damage :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: .
id been sat there for 3 hrs waiting for my change over and was well ■■■■■■ of f, but watching matey going on did make up for it