Trucks with front axle air suspension

Hi, hope this is the correct section, but i was wondering if anybody had any information about lorries with air suspension on the front axle, never seen what way the bag, spring, tie rods etc are set up! anybody ever carried out a conversion. looking to know if its possible to change without very deep pockets. Got problems with ground clearance and access at sites! its for a new scania! I have noticed that alot of newer stuff on the roads have it fitted. any info or pictures would be great! Thanks

Wouldn’t think too hard, a lot of rigids have this installed.

Had a R reg scania with it on.

I drive 57 and 08 plate dafs with it on and also used to drive scania’s with it on - they were about 2003, very common on demount trucks

I think the mechanicals are quite easy to replace, but you’ll also need to get the correct wiring and stuff - quite troublesome on a newer truck. I’d prefer to use the steel suspension and get it lifted up.

We have them on rigids, the bast ones use air bags, roll bars and a cross torsion bar to keep everything in line, they came in handy during the floods round Sheffield! You can get a cheap type conversion which basically replaces the spring with a weaker, more flexible one and puts a bag between the axle and chassis, but the amount of travel is less. It’s made by Hendrickson and was fitted to ERF’s

C. Butts have them on their drawbars that run out of Poundstretcher at Huddersfield.

Ken.

I have got a 2010 V8 R-620 with front air suspension. My Driver says it feels like the truck is floating on air as it is so smooth.
Plus some of the place we load needs the front lifted up or it will catch on the front bumper.

When I’ve driven them I do think you lose a bit of feeling on the steering.

Someone else might know which thread but, if you want a look a the set-up I think someone posted pics of an older metallic blue Magnum they were overhauling where you could see the air suspension set-up on the front.

My lowride stralis has it, I will take a picture when I get a chance.