Trucks what I have known

Gonna post snaps of trucks I drove in no paticular order. This will take time. So bear with me. Putting this on line now just to remind me to do it. :slight_smile:
This will take months…

Can only post ten shots at a time…

suter.jpg

tip.gif

daf.JPG

I like this… a lot!! A proper lorry and drag!

bullitt:

I like this… a lot!! A proper lorry and drag!

Yeah,went like a dream. They took me off that and gave me that blue White. I did a few trips to Portugal with it and left. The White was only good for motorways.
That DAF I went to a DKV truck wash near Porto. Drove it over this posh pit all lined with white tiles,then this poor old lady turns up with a rag and a pail of soapy water and starts cleaning the chassis by hand!

Thanks, some interesting shots.

Harry. Did you know Dave Brooker or Irish Dave.
Pulled for Lusocargo in a Daf like that.Then a Leyland Roadtrain.
Another character was Porto Pete.Spoke fluent Portuguese and got rich very quickly.
Flash car,designer clothes.Suspicious?
You would have cleared Customs at Alverca Lisbon and Tertir Porto.
I was hauling for British International and have seen that Yank motor around.

Nice pics Harry, keep 'em coming.

toby1234abc:
Harry. Did you know Dave Brooker or Irish Dave.
Pulled for Lusocargo in a Daf like that.Then a Leyland Roadtrain.
Another character was Porto Pete.Spoke fluent Portuguese and got rich very quickly.
Flash car,designer clothes.Suspicious?
You would have cleared Customs at Alverca Lisbon and Tertir Porto.
I was hauling for British International and have seen that Yank motor around.

I didn’t know any of those lads , I was with the Swiss but I cleared at the two above places with the DAF and the White. I used to go solo with the White to Matoshinos to meet my gal.bit of a show off at the time :laughing:

hh

Hi Harry.Nice pics.Are you from the Bentley area,i ask because i am from Clacton and me and a mate used to drink in Bentley.You must have worked for SCA about the same time as Jock Astey and for Hoggy about the same time as Chinky Nev.I know Hoggy as i was working for Seahorse Int out of the Transit camp about that time 71\72.

Jock (Hastie) Astey! Knew him well … Nicked my French girlfriend. :laughing:

Transit camp! That brings back memories.My Dad was working for Slater’s Transport out of the T Camp from about 74-77, although they moved down to just by the Quay for the last year or so that he was there.

Gary