Trucks stops and meal vouchers

Why do the majority of truck stops give you a meal voucher when you pay cash but there’s only a couple I can think of that give you a voucher when your paying on snap?

Simply because snap pay the truck stop operators a lesser amount than the advertised price that cash payers get. To recoup some of that they do not offer meal vouchers.

To be fair, the haulier pays your parking fees so your overnight allowance should pay for your meal anyway. I personally would not eat the ■■■■ they serve anyway. Not a lot left out of my overnight money for food after paying gym fees and getting a spray tan.

UKtramp:
To be fair, the haulier pays your parking fees so your overnight allowance should pay for your meal anyway. I personally would not eat the [zb] they serve anyway. Not a lot left out of my overnight money for food after paying gym fees and getting a spray tan.

You’ve got that wrong there. Totally.

The haulier does not pay MY parking fees. The haulier pays THEIR parking fee in order for me to park someone en route to a delivery for their customer. Trust me if I worked for one of these firms who wouldn’t pay I would not be paying for it. I’d find the least secure place I could where the curtain is most likely to get slashed and diesel most likely to get nicked and then say your sure you won’t pay for parking?

Rowley010:

UKtramp:
To be fair, the haulier pays your parking fees so your overnight allowance should pay for your meal anyway. I personally would not eat the [zb] they serve anyway. Not a lot left out of my overnight money for food after paying gym fees and getting a spray tan.

The haulier does not pay MY parking fees. The haulier pays THEIR parking fee in order for me to park someone en route to a delivery for their customer. Trust me if I worked for one of these firms who wouldn’t pay I would not be paying for it. I’d find the least secure place I could where the curtain is most likely to get slashed and diesel most likely to get nicked and then say your sure you won’t pay for parking?

Amen 100%

Rowley010:

Where have I got that wrong? The haulier pays your parking? So your overnight allowance is for your food? We get our parking paid on snap account and we receive £26,75 for allowance. I don’t pay for the parking.

I sometimes drive for a nice guy, who pays his parking if needed, doesnt deduct the meal voucher, and still pays me my full allowance.

The food on the continent is sometimes better then in the uk.

Concretejim:
I sometimes drive for a nice guy, who pays his parking if needed, doesnt deduct the meal voucher, and still pays me my full allowance.

The food on the continent is sometimes better then in the uk.

That is a nice guy to work for in that case.

UKtramp:

Rowley010:

Where have I got that wrong? The haulier pays your parking? So your overnight allowance is for your food? We get our parking paid on snap account and we receive £26,75 for allowance. I don’t pay for the parking.

I’m saying your wrong in saying the company pays your (my) parking fee. It’s not my fee at all so they dam well should be paying it. That’s not what your night out money is for. I’m not saying they should be paying for your food, I was just wondering why more truck stops don’t include it when they do for cash payers.

UKtramp:

Rowley010:

MY or THEIR Parking it makes no difference the vehicle is parked and your the Driver and parking fee has to be paid
So what is the difference between getting £26.75 and parking paid on Snap a/c or getting £26.75 pay cash for parking and putting the receipt in for reimbursement when you get back,either method you still get paid the same,except cash you get meal voucher snap you dont. If the Company wont pay parking then you park else where,and you still won`t get a meal voucher.

lolipop:
MY or THEIR Parking it makes no difference the vehicle is parked and your the Driver and parking fee has to be paid
So what is the difference between getting £26.75 and parking paid on Snap a/c or getting £26.75 pay cash for parking and putting the receipt in for reimbursement when you get back,either method you still get paid the same,except cash you get meal voucher snap you dont. If the Company wont pay parking then you park else where,and you still won`t get a meal voucher.

Assumingvyou like MSA food, sounds like youre better off paying cash and claiming it back. Free food, the best kind.

Captain Caveman 76:

lolipop:

Assumingvyou like MSA food, sounds like youre better off paying cash and claiming it back. Free food, the best kind.

It isn’t free, as a rule you normally just get it discounted, there is normally a remainder to pay… I wouldn’t eat MSA food in general, there are a few truck stops though that do serve good wholesome food, unfortunately are a rarity. Its whatever your comfortable and happy with putting into your mouth. I prefer to prepare my own food and know what is in it.

Meal vouchers ? … I had forgotten how cushy you have things over there :laughing: We don’t get anything here, we don’t have to pay parking fees admittedly but no dam meal vouchers or discounts either … Stop complaining :laughing:

Snap users can buy either a £4 or £5 I cant remember which for £1 when parking is paid at colsterworth truckstop.