trucks on tv

does anyone remember bj and the bear about an american trucker and his pet chimp he drove a red and white kenworth k100. then there was truckers on bbc i think.i remember a comady on bbc 2 about 2 drivers and it was set in a transport cafe.

gurner where da get that ive tried searhin the net and come up with nothing :smiley:

good god almighty!! i used to love that on a saturday afternoon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: “b.j mckay and his best friend bear”… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . i cant believe someone else watched it!! nice one lads
p.s jonah -left click on the pic and click properties-it gives you the url

if you are a user of winmx you can download the theme to bj and the bear, thats sad isnt it.
why does everyone say smokie and the bandit was a good truck film when the bandit drove a car. :question: who drove the truck :question: cleutus :question: his dog :question: fred

There was a UK TV series about a Transport firm, I can only remember one series. I’ve got the theme tune somewhere on a single. Any ideas?

Dave

I remember Long Distance Clara from ‘Pigeon Street’!

What about ‘Tate Haulage’ on Emmerdale? Are they still going?

Dan.

I think the TV series was called “The Brothers”, although I’m most probably wrong ! It was a bit before my time…!

Jonah:
gurner where da get that ive tried searhin the net and come up with nothing :smiley:

Go to www.google.co.uk then click on image search, and just search for bj and the bear :smiley:

I remember BJ and the Bear and Movin’ On but alas far from the truth (obviously) those guy’s would have gone bust in a matter of weeks …LOL

there was the brothers series

then truckers was on, I know who they used :wink: who it was based on :wink: & a few of the stories were based on true events :laughing:

Pickard Frieght Haul was the name of the firm based on a firm that was on the M62 :laughing:

Rollo was the name of the Lead driver based on a guy called Dave Rawlinson, who used to work for same firm, he had a Daf 2800 that was usd in the series the yard used was DB yard on m62, lots of other usless info available …if i can remember

Does anyone remember "Cannonball " must be old because i think it was
in black and white.
If you ask nicely i could sing the theme tune!

Takeover News

Tate Haulage was renamed as Tate Trash for that Dingle Tart and has just been taken over by King and Sons.

I need to get out more! :smiley:

malc…oh dear oh dear oh dear :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bj and the bear fanclub has some great pics from the show and of the original k100 from the show . :laughing:

that way will take forever try this www.groups.msn.com/BjandTheBearFanClub/ … rket=en-us :laughing:

i cant get that jonah?? it keeps coming up page cannot be dsplayed?

jon go to trucknet usa go on the round table and theres a thread on there about cabovers one of the guys on there has a post with the link at the bottom im not that computer savy so ive proberly got somthing wrong. :blush: :laughing:

dog food dan and the carnarveon cowboy was about two truckers was it not?