Trucks in Africa

Just some random pics of trucks taken on holiday in South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe (sad, I know! :wink: ).

Nice pic’s Harry, was the old Thames Trader and the Ford D1000s still in use do you know?

cheers

John.

Yep, all four of those trucks are still working, transporting fruit to the packhouse at Montagu, SA.

There you go Harry all good old motors in there day, they looked well in your pic’s. I don’t know never being out there if rust is a problem out there, they don’t seem to have any trouble with it.

Cheers

John.

A couple of pics of the Thames Trader and the Merc…

Nothing goes rusty, there’s never snow on the road (it’s mid-Winter now and weather is comparable to ours in Spring), I took this pic of the owner’s car…

I used to have an Angle-Box when I was a teenager!

The old Trader really looks the business and the Merc, well they all do. Love the little Anglia come on Harry give us the model number of it :slight_smile: was it a 105 E ? I got that number in the back of my old head for some reason.

excellent pics harry (its not sad taking pics of trucks on holiday :wink: :laughing: )

Excellent snaps!

Great snaps! Whats that VW truck all about?

Hi Harry

Nice pictures, how was the road quality out there? Do they have motorways like us or is it mostly single track? I have never been in africa so thats why i ask

Reg colin

THESE PICS WERE TAKEN IN GHANA OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS

Looks like an old P&O outfit stuck in the Kafue river in Zambia.

strange angles going on with the gold albion. :confused:

This is the tag axial on a nearly new Scania unit in Zimbabwe. What is holding the wheel on?

Trucking African style the tractor unit is in the trees on the left and the fifth wheel is still on the trailer?
Photo taken in Nigeria.

An African overload it’s a Peugeot 404 pickup under there somewhere.
Photo taken in west Africa cannot remember which country.

altitude:
The old Trader really looks the business and the Merc, well they all do. Love the little Anglia come on Harry give us the model number of it :slight_smile: was it a 105 E ? I got that number in the back of my old head for some reason.

That Anglia is a Ford Anglia 123E which is differentiated from a 105E by chrome overrider’s and 1198cc engine. Both the Anglia were fitted with Overhead Valve engines whereas the predecessor , the Ford Pop 100E was Side Valve.

Not in deepest Africa, but in darkest Skegness, this is a Ford Consul or Classic Consul :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

altitude:

That Anglia is a Ford Anglia 123E which is differentiated from a 105E by chrome overrider’s and 1198cc engine. Both the Anglia were fitted with Overhead Valve engines whereas the predecessor , the Ford Pop 100E was Side Valve.

Not in deepest Africa, but in darkest Skegness, this is a Ford Consul or Classic Consul :stuck_out_tongue:

the last of the 100e s had the 1200 cc overhead engine as the 105e anglia with 4 speed box with no synchro on first gear the earlier 100e s had a side valve engine with 3 speed box similar to the old sit up and beg pops and prefects, I know as I broke enough of them up in the 60s, cheers fred m

ubym344:
the last of the 100e s had the 1200 cc overhead engine as the 105e anglia with 4 speed box with no synchro on first gear the earlier 100e s had a side valve engine with 3 speed box similar to the old sit up and beg pops and prefects, I know as I broke enough of them up in the 60s, cheers fred m

That is interesting. I didn’t realise the 100E Pop ever had overhead valve engine, but the 105E was 997cc and the Super 123E was 1198cc

All was well until they put that bloody V4 in a Corsair :laughing: