Truckpol

truckpol.com/index.htm

Useful website. :wink:

Stickied for a couple weeks to make sure people see the petition

Lighting mcqueen:
http://www.truckpol.com/index.htm

Useful website. :wink:

about to lose it’s funding IIRC, something in this weeks CM about it :cry: :cry: :cry:

(will look later, got to go now)

As Denis says it’s mentioned in this week’s CM. The Home Office have apparently decided to cut the £400k/year grant to TruckPol from 2009. There is a petition on the Number10 website against this so if you feel TruckPol should keep its funding then have a look at this website

Paul

Moderators/Admin can we make the Truckpol link a sticky?

I have attended several Truckpol meetings.We were trying to get a system in place where once a truck was stolen,it would be circulated to the seven regional control centres to have observations put out to all patrol vehicles.
It was decided that a level higher than mine was required and i have heard no more.
Truckpol,i feel,is worthwhile because patterns can be seen over several police force areas and intel grouped together.
It would be a shame if all this combined intel would be lost.

The scary thing is that the Police (they’ll be the ones we pay our taxes to run the service) don’t actually have anything in place to monitor nationwide HGV crime. And instead, we rely (or did) on some sort of ‘sponsored’ outfit to collate data, which was not complete as not all police forces contributed to it and whne they did get an idea of a hotspot it wasn’t actually Policed, instead, HGV’s where advised to stay away from the area or be carefull !!
Truckpols mere existence serves only to highlight how woefully inadequate the Police force actually is with agendas which do not have a high political or politically correct profile. I’ll bet every force can give you exact data on racial or homophobic attacks or even domestic violence. Ask them about lorry crime and they won’t have a clue !! If you ever think you or your lorry is in danger, never ring up the police and say that, tell them someone is calling you names and they’ll be round quicker!!!

And they are really doing some quality work. :unamused: :unamused:

24th November 2008

LEICESTERSHIRE A 2003 Crane Fruehauf tipper trailer was stolen yesterday evening from Meridian Business Park, Leicester. A £1000 reward is being offered for information leading to its recovery. Please contact Crimestoppers anonymously or TruckPol.

No technical data.
No serial numbers or Test details.
No details of identifiable marks, damage, or alterations.

Naff all of much use… :open_mouth:

I hope someone else will offer to pull the Hotspot Trailer around as that must have saved about 4 bobs worth of theft.

We cannot expect Wincanton to shoulder all the cost themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

Somerfield donated the trailer to Northamptonshire Police and it was then serviced free of charge by Pullman Fleet Services of Doncaster. Wincanton will be moving it around the county to crime hotspots where it is needed.

after my recent adventures in the boot of a mondeo, I am disgusted that there is, or was, only a voluntary notification /warning shceme. More inforemation about these hotspots is desperately needed, it would certainly have saved me and the trailer full of nickel that someone had away!!

I’d never heard of Truckpol before seeing this link, but was suprised to here it mentioned on BBC Breakfast news the other morning. Apparently crimes against trucks have nearly doubled year on year. Bit ironic then that the government is pulling the funding :unamused:

Commiserations to bigdennis on his hairy adventure. From what I have read of the activities of Trukpol over the last couple of years, it is my personal opinion that they ( or was it just 1 officer?) are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
This also puts into some perspective, the importance that this Government puts on Truck related crime.