TruckNet's shadow

Does anyone know the significance of this weird shadow of TruckNet that seems to have infested the internet? It comes up as testdev.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?

It seems that the entire site has been snap-shot at some time and put on the internet. I don’t see the point of it as only the writing shows up but none of the pictures which give the writing its context. More sinister, is the fact that any comments that were later removed by posters to avoid giving offence, or that were edited out by request now reappear on these ‘testdev.trucknet’ pages. Something should be done to combat this because it makes me extremely wary of posting anything on TNUK at all. Robert :open_mouth:

By the way, before anyone says, ‘You should be careful what you post in the first place’, I ought to mention that I posted something entirely innocent a while back, that I could never have imagined would upset anyone. However, someone complained to me and I edited out the post. That post is now back out there on this damned devtest site, presumably forever! Robert

I don’t get it.If a post breaks any rules then the Mods will obviously sort the problem.Anything else is just a case of freedom to discuss anything within the bounds of a supposedly free country and if it then ‘offends’ anyone tough. :confused:

Carryfast:
I don’t get it.If a post breaks any rules then the Mods will obviously sort the problem.Anything else is just a case of freedom to discuss anything within the bounds of a supposedly free country and if it then ‘offends’ anyone tough. :confused:

I think you’re missing the point. This appears to be a cloned version of TruckNet with a login and everything. I think we should beware. R

Fear not, it is nothing sinister at all… Before we make any changes to the software on here we test bed it on a snap shot of this site, that’s what the “shadow” is used for.

Rikki-UK:
Fear not, it is nothing sinister at all… Before we make any changes to the software on here we test bed it on a snap shot of this site, that’s what the “shadow” is used for.

Hahaha. I see what you did there- used the word “sinister” in a reply to a man who has dedicated his efforts to creating LHD threads.

I’ll get me coat.

PS Thanks for looking after the forum and its users.

@ Rikki: thank you for your prompt and reassuring reply!

@ Anorak: thank you for your sinistral quip!

Robert :smiley:

You worry too much, Robert. Must be your age! :wink: