Trucknav mounting ideas?

I’ve recently purchased a trucknav sat nav with built in dash cam. The suction cup physically screws into the unit itself, meaning to remove it from the window, you would have to un screw it every time or take the cup with it :confused:
If you was doing multidrop, depending on where you are delivering (the rougher areas) it would be a ball ache.
Anybody with the same unit (n6x) found a click on off type mounting kit for it or would you just pop it of via the suction cup and drop it in a storage compartment?

I got a holder from Halfords that was plenty big enough to hold a tablet (I used it for a Hudl2 at the time but it holds my 10" Lenovo Tablet too) it was a suction mount and the cradle had spring loaded lugs that held the tablet in place, however after a quick search of Halfords online it appears they don’t sell them anymore (online anyway) so I looked on Amazon and they have plenty similar…

Like this one for example…
amazon.co.uk/POMILE-Degrees … 69&sr=8-12

If it screws into the unit is it using the same AMPS mount thread as cameras do? If so that opens up a whole raft of options.

in TK MAX i found a big selection of weird angled phone/satnav holders. all under a tenner .

Is it still illegal to mount one where it blocks any part of the windscreen view :question:

ROG:
Is it still illegal to mount one where it blocks any part of the windscreen view :question:

Not if you look at the windscreen on my allocated truck after any one of our night men have been driving it…[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Conor:
If it screws into the unit is it using the same AMPS mount thread as cameras do? If so that opens up a whole raft of options.

I’ll have to look into this, never heard of the Amps thing.

ROG:

I thought you could mount them any place it doesn’t obstruct your line of sight?

I mounted the lorry sat nav that someone gave me under the back wheels ,I never had anymore trouble after that .i continue to use the £1:99 Morrison’s AA map with a bridge height map and my 2007 Europe map :smiley: