Trucking - Is it really such a small world?

Is it just me, or does everyone in a truck seem to know someone and everyone? Today I fuelled at J13 M1, and indulged in a cuppa t. Sat there, 2 old boys were chopsing, and another truck pulled round. One ol boy says to the other ‘oh theres ‘so and so’’, number 2 didn’t know number 3, but when 3 came over, 1,2 and 3 were talking about an absent no.4! Seemed to me like you could draw a ‘family tree’ and everyone would know someone who knows them or someone else too. Oh, and all their firms would be rubbish to work for! :laughing:

CBR_SI:
Today I fuelled at J13 M1, and indulged in a cuppa t.

Not whilst parked on the pumps i hope!

lol, no. I parked over to the side before the pumps so I wasn’t blocking anyone or taking up a space in the truk park itself that an overnighter might need :smiley:

That’s ok then. :laughing:

CBR_SI:
Is it just me, or does everyone in a truck seem to know someone and everyone? Today I fuelled at J13 M1, and indulged in a cuppa t. Sat there, 2 old boys were chopsing, and another truck pulled round. One ol boy says to the other ‘oh theres ‘so and so’’, number 2 didn’t know number 3, but when 3 came over, 1,2 and 3 were talking about an absent no.4! Seemed to me like you could draw a ‘family tree’ and everyone would know someone who knows them or someone else too. Oh, and all their firms would be rubbish to work for! :laughing:

I always used to think that with the Dutch drivers, you could be 1000,s of miles from home and having a quiet beer or a meal, a driver would walk in, look round and within minutes was in deep conversation in Dutch. But they always invited me to join them. Sometimes I have sat through a whole meal listening to a conversation in Dutch, listening intently for the odd English word :stuck_out_tongue:

CBR_SI:

they would probably have know number 5 aswell , thats the women who brought the tea … :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
I always used to think that with the Dutch drivers, you could be 1000,s of miles from home and having a quiet beer or a meal, a driver would walk in, look round and within minutes was in deep conversation in Dutch. But they always invited me to join them. Sometimes I have sat through a whole meal listening to a conversation in Dutch, listening intently for the odd English word :stuck_out_tongue:

This happened to me, but in Ham Belgium. When they cracked up laughing i did too, to be polite lol
So friendly! One of them translated wtf they were on about. Couple of British drivers wondered why i wasn’t sat with them talking shop!!! :open_mouth:

:sunglasses: Many happy times in Holland from ex-forces days, used to be based at Laarbruch on German / Dutch border, I could listen to people speaking Dutch allday.

Happens up round here all the time. Incredibly small world.

I’ve got an incredibly bad memory for names and faces, it’s embarrassing the number of times folks come to speak to me, and I spend the entire conversation, trying to work out who they are.
I’m thinking of having some T shirts printed with ‘If I don’t come and speak to you sorry! I’m not being ignorant just amnesic’
and don’t start about people flashing me on the road :blush: My excuse could be that I’m concentrating on the road ahead, but tbh It’s just normally that I’m in a world of my own :stuck_out_tongue: