Trucking Cook Book

So I have just discovered the benefit of cooking in the truck! Silly really as I have done nights out for years! Anyone got any amazing one pan recipes they want to share? Maybe us drivers could be Jamie Oliver’s next project!

I use a wok a lot, ain’t much you can’t stir fry with some fresh noodles and chilli sauce.

A good supply of fabreze is good for clearing the smell of cooking. :smiley:

You might have something there.

I’m mates with someone who’s mates with the Hairy Bikers & I reckon they’d fit the bill for a few in-cab cooking tips.

Fish fingers in the pan, eggs beans and bacon done in the ding machine, it’s about all I can manage lol.

Tin of potatoes and a tin of peas and sweetcorn, warm through then drain, then add a tin of meat of your choice
(mince and onion, stewed steak, chicken in white sauce etc etc) and heat through again.
Hot and filling :slight_smile:

Tin of curry of choice, warm through then add a packet of microwave cooked rice and warm through again.

(I favour tins as they are easy and if you have a variety you can pick out what you fancy at the time)

If I am going for soups or stews, I tend to have crispbread or cracker bread as a side, as it doesn’t go stale as quick as fresh bread.