Trucking books & films

a list of books and films based on the job :Books (authors if I now them)
Return load : skullduggary on a trip to Italy in a V10 M.A.N
Truckers.1 The black knights , ■■■ & violence with A.E.C’s & Atki’s
Truckers.2 Hijack , more of the above , both books by Guy .N. Smith , better known for horror books
Have truck will travel ,Mike Nuttall , Dodgy dealings with Donkey in sheffield
Truckers North , truckers South , great tales of the old days
Cola cowboys , Franklyn Wood , nothing needs saying
A thousand miles from anywhere , Travels in Europe & the USA , good , a long haul ( pardon the pun)
Hammer Down :Trucking in the USA in pictures & the drivers own words , great stuff
A pictorial history of BRS : the rise & fall of nationalised transport , bit dry but great pictures , Nick Baldwin
Those were the days : Trucks in Britain of the 1970s , says it all , some good pics & info
Films: bit thin on the ground but here’s some
Hell Drivers : Tippers , wellies & Diana Dors , whats not to like ?
Duel : great stuff , pity about the end though
White line fever , drama about union’s in US trucking
Steel Cowboy , great fun
They drive by night , film noir with George Raft & Humphrey Bogart & old Macks
Maximum Overdrive , based on a Stephan King story , bit silly but o.k
Convoy , nuff said
thats all I can think of for now anyone out there able to add to it ?

Destination Doha has a book and documentary about the Middle East run, can be found on YouTube.

Other ‘loosely’ based lorry films can include Smokey and the Bandit and Black Dog.
Everyone knows about Smokey and the Bandit but Black Dog is an American film about Patrick Swayze who is just out the nick and can only get a job for a dodgy character (didn’t want to say too much incase I ruin it for those who haven’t seen it)

Long Haul Pioners, factual book about the history of Astran from the beginning of going to Kabul in a day cab.

Not All Sunsgine and Sand, a driver memories of doing the Middle East.

Coffee to Go, author Niel Hobbs, aka Coffeeholic some poster on trucknet, book about his trips across Europe.

One film that rarely ges mentioned, but truck based.

Road Games, with Stacey Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis. Set in Australia, The driver of a truck ends up on the trial of a serial killer.

I remember a short story from way back called “late night on watling street”
Can’t remember who wrote it though.

I’ve said it before, but “Wages of Fear”, 1953, directed by Henri-Georges Cluzot (really!) and starring Yves Montand.

How’s about ‘Duel’

Truckers north Truckers south was by Leslie Purdon who also wrote Juggernaut Drivers and Hell Drivers didn’t star Diana Dors that was The Long Haul

Baghdad Trucker by Kevin Noble
and one I bought years ago in a 2nd hand bookshop : The Big Load…the story of a heavy lorry & long distance coach driver by Ted Murphy.

Hi! How about Roadtrip Ramatuelle by Chris Arbon here on TN its about trucking to the east europe and m/e.

Reg Danne

dazcapri:
Truckers north Truckers south was by Leslie Purdon who also wrote Juggernaut Drivers and Hell Drivers didn’t star Diana Dors that was The Long Haul

like a man in orthopedic shoes … I stand corrected

muckles:
Long Haul Pioners, factual book about the history of Astran from the beginning of going to Kabul in a day cab.

Not All Sunsgine and Sand, a driver memories of doing the Middle East.

Coffee to Go, author Niel Hobbs, aka Coffeeholic some poster on trucknet, book about his trips across Europe.

One film that rarely ges mentioned, but truck based.

Road Games, with Stacey Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis. Set in Australia, The driver of a truck ends up on the trial of a serial killer.

Road Games , yeah forgot about that one , good film , reckon the jaws on that Merc were a bit dodgy though

unclegargameld:

dazcapri:

was it Jill Ireland ?

cargocargocargo:
I’ve said it before, but “Wages of Fear”, 1953, directed by Henri-Georges Cluzot (really!) and starring Yves Montand.

Great film !!! the remake with Roy Schider wasn’t as good though think it was called The Sorcerer

What about The Hijackers it stars a young Tony Booth (Cherie Blairs Dad ) he drives a 6 wheel Albion Reiver it’s quite a good film it was on last week on Movies 4 Men

unclegargameld:

unclegargameld:

dazcapri:

was it Jill Ireland ?

Jill Ireland was the girl behind the counter in the cafe,her future Husband David Mcallum was also in it.The main female character was played by Peggy ■■■■■■■■