TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

SUPERCUBE Could of been a hangover…

Axorman:

blimey, just noticed thats one of my old bosses, r turner from fordham! ash you got anymore (when your computer is fixed!!!)

harry. I was told ronnie was driving a van for some one now , i will ask a mate of mine as he keep’s in touch with him

Its no coincidence he hails from Graves End !! :laughing:

anybody got photos of whitetrux :slight_smile:

hi everybody. brought some great memories back of my childhood with them old pics!! My dad worked for Geoff Gilberts in the 80’s and 90’s im sure there is somewhere but can anybody tell me if theres any old Geoff Gilbert pictures on here? Theres alot of pages on here and it takes my computer nearly half hour just to go through a couple! Also if anybody could tell me how i can my dads old pictures onto the computer would be appreciated. scanning them on i guess. Got some great old pics of the good old days in europe.

routier the website you got them pics off is awesome
www.euro-wheels.com
scania v8 you have to scan em onto your pc then open an account at somewhere like here www.photobucket.com which is a free picture hosting site

scaniav8power

OK; Download ‘picasa’ its free.
empty yer card ? scanner into picasa.
choose n hold the snaps you want in the bottom tray.
Press ‘export’.
in box ,for a folder choose ‘desktop.
Also in the box resize to 640.
Quality’max’.

Download photobucket.
press ‘browse.’
press desktop.
the files are there.
click browse boxes until you got 'em all.
press upload.
Now you have an album.
On the bottom line of the menu under the snap it will say IMG CODE
Right click & choose copy
Then paste it into the truckers reply box.
OK…? Right ,lets do it again…

thanks guys for the help

Wheel Nut:

postman paul:
Hi All,Thanks for the info on EBT i now remember Hammond’s doing it, i have never seen the volvo or the erf i will keep a look out for some pics on my travels. Anyboby got any pics of the Ashby trucks? Paul.

George Hammond and Son was EBT at Dover who had a link with Smidts of Heilbronn. Big Ron the marine (Royal) :stuck_out_tongue: drove for them

I worked alongside Chris Teaner (Selby) when he was on for Coulier, (Now Samat)

Thanks for the info Wheel Nut.Paul

dreva:
anybody got photos of whitetrux :slight_smile:

Yes I have Dreva, welcome aboard, most of them given to me by Truckerash. I’m in a bit of a rush at the moment but will post them up in a day or so if Ash doesn’t beat me to it.
Were you on for them then, and if so, when?

well out of all them irish motors i liked the keenan F7 the best

Carl:
well out of all them irish motors i liked the keenan F7 the best

Weirdo :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :wink:

i know kw im not right in the head :open_mouth: but ive always had a soft spot for the f7 the best one ive seen belongs to trevor pye

With all due respect Karl I dont think you would be so keen on the F7 if you had to pull 24 tonnes of fish over the Massiff Central. Still makes me shudder now. Should there be an E on the end of Central?

charlie dont get me wrong im not saying its the best motor for the job but that the motor to me has character .give me an F12 globetrotter any day of the week and id love it even today

Wendy-House-Lover!! :laughing:

Karl. I do agree with you on the character aspect of the F7.It was a very classic looking motor.A little under powered maybe.

Sorry Carl.My spellcheck was switched off.

Carl:
i know kw im not right in the head :open_mouth: but ive always had a soft spot for the f7 the best one ive seen belongs to trevor pye

Me Too! I Learnt to drive in an F7 and if I didn’t have my Atki Borderer, the F7 would be my next choice for a preserved motor.