TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

hi diesel dog aubrey monger is his name excuse the spelling aubrey if its
wrong
and i think the middle east guy is johnny monger who also worked for a local haulier jh attwell in harlow

FRED KELLY thanks for the compliments re the 80’s theme.
yet another satified customer :smiley:

Location Freight?..here ya go:

was STACEYs anything to do with um? I remember seeing the trucks running together sometimes, although i spose the Essex boys ran together anyway.

and while we are on DAF photos, lets make it a “theme night” :slight_smile: Havnt had one in a long while…

and finally…HARRY youre the Swiss man. Recognise this one?

get the idea i like DAF’s :wink:
a few relatively unknown ones here, but hopefully theyll evoke a good few momories. Enjoy :smiley:

lovely ash, keep them coming!! my brother is out here with me for the week, will try and show him some of them!!

do you have any of richard longs or h c wilson from the 80s? would love to see them

KW:
I was in Carisio a number of years ago with a couple od C&C driver’s,can’t remember their names,but one of them had a Steyr which he affectionately called ‘Ladatrotter’ :laughing:

I was sorting a few photos out earlier (you dont say! ) and came across this Chambers and Cook pic.
Strangely KW mentioned the truck… :confused: :confused:

I think id rather drive a 1950’s Albion with no doors and windscreen all the way to the North Pole and back…twice, than spend 5 minutes in this!
But thats just my opinion :laughing:

Fred your right, Johnny Monger that was the guy.
Anyone remember Bryn Jones transport, he was my brother who bought Richard Ford’s old F88’s ran the on Dutch Groupage for International Express,
M McNamara from Coventry, he later moved to the UAE to do internal work, I’m sure some of the M/E boys may have heard of him down there.

euromat:
lovely ash, keep them coming!!
do you have any of richard longs or h c wilson from the 80s? would love to see them

hav to hav a dig for Richard Long, but got heaps of Wilsons…over 400 actually :blush: :frowning: sad or what?

heres a few for you Mat…“rock n roll dude”!

This 141 is now fully restored and doing the show circuits as well as the odd job here and there.This photo was taken when she was new the first time round.

and finally Esther…and finally truckerash…

check out the “JAM SANDWICH and BUZBY”…ah yes, the 80’s :wink:
[/b]

truckerash:

KW:
I was in Carisio a number of years ago with a couple od C&C driver’s,can’t remember their names,but one of them had a Steyr which he affectionately called ‘Ladatrotter’ :laughing:

I was sorting a few photos out earlier (you dont say! ) and came across this Chambers and Cook pic.
Strangely KW mentioned the truck… :confused: :confused:

I think id rather drive a 1950’s Albion with no doors and windscreen all the way to the North Pole and back…twice, than spend 5 minutes in this!
But thats just my opinion :laughing:

Yup,that’s the one.
A subby on Goodways had one for a while,I had a look inside it and the top bed was sort of half closed off by a cupboard or something over the drivers side.Weird.

Aubrey was a Brummie that worked for Roba. Fred from Harlow was anotherPS. Gordon commited suicide. Robas brought in a rule that the drivers had to take an 8 hour break.( Before they would go straight thru ) They would spend it ‘wine tasting.’ Gordon complained that however much he gave his wife she always wanted more. When the other drivers went to sleep Gordon took off on his final ride into the sunset. You heard it here first .

like i said Keith…give me the Albion anytime.
In fact ill go one better than that: ill walk there and back :angry:

dieseldog6:
Haven’t heard Bowlers International mentioned on hear blue and white Scanias, I think one was called Bob the other was a Scots guy.
Chambers and Cook, Johnny Mac, Scooter Boots, Hank.

Just been all the way though and can’t find any Bowlers, sure you not getting them mixed up with Bowkers , Ash?

Bowlers came from Sotton & used to do Lisbon.
Good natured tw***ts

truckerash That Roba 142 was Yap-Yaps motor.

cheers ash, i dont think its sad, i have a few but all modern stuff! love the commer van, my mates have one! do you have any of the terberg they had?

harry:
Bowlers came from Sotton & used to do Lisbon.
Good natured tw***ts

there was a bowlers int from aveley in essex, one of their drivers was john patteson,cairnsy will remember him.

hi harry that 142 was one of the first in the uk on a y plate aubrey drove it
yap yap had a 111 at the time
when the 142 got written of a guy from hastings was useing it ithink his name was kenny walker

Supercube, I think your right, they were from Essex somewhere, Bowler International, blue with a white band round.
Ash, how about Mark (MR Beast) Goddard, he moved to your area pulled Anglo Overseas to Stuttgart, I’ve known him since about 1973. first Beast was an F12 then Mr Beast F16 then got a FH16.

Yap-Yap got his hands on it for a little while.
The guy from Hastings…? Do you mean Rye…?. He went with Asia Shop. Later with Frans Maas out of Kidderminster, & then with Pulleyns. The last I saw of him was from Maritime Tilbury.

Bowlers were based in Basildon Essex and did regular trips to spain,italy
germany ,holland we pulled for them when i worked for D.F.C INTERNATIONAL
(Dons Donkeys) from rainham we had twelve motors on for them used to go over Tuesday night various times ship out to Italy normally Vicenza with the lead ingots clear thursday morning reload friday home sat night sun morning
Baccy Bill.Biffo,Ginger Harry, Jimmy the Pump.Dobbo,Vic Dillon Jockie1 and 2
Lenny Bunn, My good self and countless others who`s names are buried deep
in my ever fading memory, Bowler had a few motors driven by Bobby Scott
John (the dago) Patterson and johns brother in law Stevie. his trailors were
mostly supercubes and were “crap” any one fer down the Blanc wiv no brakes
LOL,they were numbered P.G.B then a number which we named
“pray going back” you rarely got weekended and i know i could not do that trip now in that timescale (containers have softened me up a tad) but i remember
those days with great affection and i am still in contact with all those drivers
and they will all be at the reunion in December thats how close we all got.
In Memory of George Barclay (DFC INTERNATIONAL) died in spain (Girona)
17th November 1989 whose oldest son Dean is in Afghanistan at this present
time and im sure we all wish him a safe return home. :wink: :wink:

dieseldog6:
Just been all the way though and can’t find any Bowlers, sure you not getting them mixed up with Bowkers , Ash?

Ooops :blush: could have sworn ive posted this pic already, but hey doesnt matter and anyway, it meant you had to go all the way through looking for it :laughing: What a shame…bet you enjoyed it though :wink:

here ya go then: a couple of BOWLERS

If it means anything to anyone, it says MUNGO BABY on the grille.

euromat:
do you have any of the terberg they had?

i sure do…