Truckin in Tenerife

Hi lads just puttin my face on! ex pat living in Tenerife driving for a cactus company all over the seven islands a lot of time spent on ferries ie armas,fred olsen express with wagon & drag (drag only in Tenerife) loving it here been 4 years now very diferent to the UK but in a nice way. ps Helps if you speak a lil of the lingo i get by very well for a brit, the canarian truckers are very helpful but they do say to me … YOUR SLEEPING IN THE TRUCK■■? with a look of ehhhhhhhhhhh!!! ahhh well they re home evey nite. For me its normal ahh well never mind ehhhh. 20 years general in uk europe… :wink:

Hello Hodgy, sounds like you have a very pleasant job there.
I have driven around Tenerife, in a hire car, and was quite surprised by the lack of trucks I saw on the roads especially artics or anything with a trailer. :confused: I got the impression trucks drivers wouldn’t be wanted very often for sure.

Hi there are you sure cause my mates said the same not sure we were on the same planet but now you say this ehhhhhh when i drive on the autopista sur …every day there s manny trucks artics, ridgids you name it maybe your on holls and in las americas where its just well you no holl makers but i can promise you we have a very healthy truck driving community. And most trucks here are above 420 bhp. :wink:

This was about 7 years ago, but, like I said, I drove all round the island and across the top, El Teide, and I am sure it was a week day too, but maybe it was a Spanish holiday, can’t remember.
OK, so are there any bigger companies with large numbers of trucks at all there ?

Yes there are big companies here but its very hard to get in its all recomendation here… its Spain!! but ive got to no some good lads my jobs fantastic so not lookin for more i work 8-4 mon -fri,Nights out extra (pay) but only maybe once a month or when needed very diferent to back in UK was workin for Reality formally white arrow express, parcels on six shifts HEAVEN HERE compared with the added sunshine all year round would not swap for the world mate… :sunglasses: :laughing: