Truckfest Original Newark

Looks like I’ll be there :confused:

Well think I might have a look and make a weekend out of it, go down on the bus for the weekend anyone else going camping?

Me me me me :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Personally I found it to be much better last year than the Peterborough show. More like the vintage rallies etc that we attend than a Truckfest event, although they still are running to make money it felt less like a corporate event.
I prefer seeing the older and more interesting metal (and plastic obviously!) than rows of identical 4 series.

I will put in an appearance I guess, look for a blue E14 (and listen to it too :slight_smile: ) and a green E10. May take another E10 but depends if I can be bothered/have time to wash it.

ERFMarc:
Personally I found it to be much better last year than the Peterborough show. More like the vintage rallies etc that we attend than a Truckfest event, although they still are running to make money it felt less like a corporate event.
I prefer seeing the older and more interesting metal (and plastic obviously!) than rows of identical 4 series.

I will put in an appearance I guess, look for a blue E14 (and listen to it too :slight_smile: ) and a green E10. May take another E10 but depends if I can be bothered/have time to wash it.

I’ll be sure to look out for it and stop and say hello if your about :sunglasses:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I would go,but I don’t want to show pigstrotter I mean tanktrotter up.

zippo:
I would go,but I don’t want to show pigstrotter I mean tanktrotter up.

Ha Ha Ha Mr zippo sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :wink:

The Renault sisters will be going from where I work. They’ve got Friday as holiday to polish their trucks :laughing: :laughing:

Theres the RETRO TRUCK SHOW the following weekend September 16th at Gaydon motor museum near Warwick for fans of slightly older trucks.

We did Gaydon a few years back (the mid-summer show). I would really like to go to the Retro show as thats the era I like but its about £100 diesel for the return trip. Any rich ERF fans fancy sponsoring a passenger seat ride?

I’m going to try to get to Newark at the weekend… Probably Sunday morning… See you there… :grimacing:

I went today, and thought it was fantastic, had a great day, and would certainly go again!!

joer580:
I went today, and thought it was fantastic, had a great day, and would certainly go again!!

Good for you, i hope to go next year :wink:

Very much the same Joe, A fantastic show with great weather to go along with it ( I have the sun burn marks to prove it :laughing: Not a proper fest without sun burn I say!) I managed to get some tickets too from a fellow Tnet member (Cheers dan!) so saved a bit of money too.

A lot better than some of the shows I’ve been to and more older trucks also which made it even better. I’ll add some pictures up later on after I’ve uploaded them to Flickr :slight_smile: But over all a great day to say the least! And definite mark for next years calender assuming it’s on again :slight_smile:

Cheers

totally agree jonny, gorgeous weather, and the motors were fantastic, and I certainly enjoyed it more than some shows, didn’t take any pics, but me my little man, and my brother had a superb time!!

i agree with you jonny and joe, bloody great day out, was nice not to have huge crowds so managed to get some pretty good photos without people in, had a really good time, roll on next year!

p.s, what did everyone make to the results■■?

thanks,will88

Some great pics there duck :smiley: Mine are taking forever to upload :smiling_imp:

&& anyone know the results me and dad left before the results were read out? :slight_smile:

Cheers

the usual suspects were in the line up, axminster, snt, longthorne… etc, i’m sure someone will come along with an accurate list…

ive never heard of Truckfest Original Newark, whats it all about, is it not a live promotions event, is it the people taking it back from the big promotions company and doing it their way? is it called original just cos thats where the first truckfest was?
im not being argumental, just wondering what ther craic is with it…