Truckfest /driffield

:frowning: me and family went to driffield on sunday for truckfest,paid 24 pounds for me and wife to be very dissapointed not many trucks or tradestands ,and entrance fee far to steep it will the last time i go ,wondered what other members thought :smiley:

went on saturday thought the same it was noticable how empty it was

Stopped going to Truckfests years ago for exactly the same reasons.

They even charge hideous amounts to enter your vehicle.

The only way to get prices down for the regular Truck Shows run by Live Promotions is to write to them and to the truck magazines complaining about the high prices to get into the shows and the lack of exhibits.
I have been standing at all the shows for some 2o odd years now and over the years I have seen a massive change in both the prices , exhibits and trade stands and I have voiced my opinion to the organiserson more than one occassion. I am sure if the people who enter their trucks stop patronising the organisers as many of the trade stands seem to have done I am sure the message will get through to Live Promotions that we are all not made of money and will not go on being ripped off by them.
Truck Shows originally started out as good family days out for the driver and his family but over the years tthat concept has been lost. Some of the smaller shows seem to be getting back to the original idea of a great day out with drivers showing their trucks etc and sensible prices for Joe Public to have a family day out.
Danneke
Lady Truckers Club

Danneke:
Truck Shows originally started out as good family days out for the driver and his family but over the years tthat concept has been lost. Some of the smaller shows seem to be getting back to the original idea of a great day out with drivers showing their trucks etc and sensible prices for Joe Public to have a family day out.
Danneke
Lady Truckers Club

Went to Barnard Castle show last year and me and the familly had an excellant day out. Highly recomend it to anyone looking for a truck (not truckfest) show

killsville:
They even charge hideous amounts to enter your vehicle.

:confused: I didn’t think that £40 for the truck/ driver/ and additional adult tickets was a bad deal for a long weekend, to be quite honest, although this new show at Santa Pod is cheaper at £30.
The gate charge to the general public is very steep though.