Truckers

Telekonsteve:
From what I saw both from the same script,both make be leave :open_mouth:

Was that Dixon ? bloke playing a starring role in this bollox as well ? Bewick.

Could have been I wunner have either of them sweeping the yard, ging gang goo as they say on f@ukwits and whalers, I give up :unamused:

what a load of ■■■■■■■■■ one bit of it possible.false trucker image being sent out.good advert for Renault trucks though.lol. :confused: :open_mouth: :confused: :laughing:

Evening Gentlemen…well what did you expect…realism?..factual and real humour■■?..anything resembling reality, (and the real fun of life)■■?..come on!!!

A media Prat, who has an idea, rides around with a lorry driving pal, (who p…s in a bottle ), indulges in some bizarre ■■■■■■ fantasies…(are the women of today so unloveable…or un fullfilling)? Takes the idea to some overpaid cretin at the BBC, and goes away having being told to “conceptualise”, and that Gentlemen is the result! If it was set on a trawler in the North Sea, it would have been as far from reality as this load of unmitigated effluent! These morons, with their Media Degrees, what an abomination of artistic skill are they!

Gentlemen, whatever our opinions of the Eddie Stobart series, at least that portrayed our industry in a positive light…this crap…well in my younger days I was quite a usefull Boxer, and even now, with well over 70 years under my belt, I would be inclined to give the “creative moron” behind this series a blooming good hiding for so besmircing our industry!!! As for the “actors”, well I expect they would struggle to get a part in a good Rep company, probably grateful for the money to play in such a low budget enterprise…plonkers!

No…I did not like it as a program…nor did I the earlier version…but Gentlemen, that is how we are perceived…why do you not wake up and protest…or are you plonkers■■?

Im away to my Bollinger…delivered by real men, with real standards!

!Cheerio for now.

:wink:

Saviem:
Evening Gentlemen…well what did you expect…realism?..factual and real humour■■?..anything resembling reality, (and the real fun of life)■■?..come on!!!

A media Prat, who has an idea, rides around with a lorry driving pal, (who p…s in a bottle ), indulges in some bizarre ■■■■■■ fantasies…(are the women of today so unloveable…or un fullfilling)? Takes the idea to some overpaid cretin at the BBC, and goes away having being told to “conceptualise”, and that Gentlemen is the result! If it was set on a trawler in the North Sea, it would have been as far from reality as this load of unmitigated effluent! These morons, with their Media Degrees, what an abomination of artistic skill are they!

Gentlemen, whatever our opinions of the Eddie Stobart series, at least that portrayed our industry in a positive light…this crap…well in my younger days I was quite a usefull Boxer, and even now, with well over 70 years under my belt, I would be inclined to give the “creative moron” behind this series a blooming good hiding for so besmircing our industry!!! As for the “actors”, well I expect they would struggle to get a part in a good Rep company, probably grateful for the money to play in such a low budget enterprise…plonkers!

No…I did not like it as a program…nor did I the earlier version…but Gentlemen, that is how we are perceived…why do you not wake up and protest…or are you plonkers■■?

Im away to my Bollinger…delivered by real men, with real standards!

!Cheerio for now.

Well said by the “Peaky Blinder” :sunglasses: ,who must have time to waste watching what sounds like the normal diet of rubbish now churned out by the BBC,never watched it my-self,had a far better time watching the paint drying that our decorator has just applied to some of the bedrooms in the bungalow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick.

Decorator, Dennis? Tell us the truth. You’ve got a firm of stone masons in refurbishing the stonework on the East Wing of Bewick Manor.

Only good thing about this programme was hart the tart ( fit as ■■■■ ) , then subjected to steven tomlinson in a thong , not a good look

Andy

b.waddy:
Hi, Paul 101, On the start of one vidio one our Sed /Atki units pulling a Hotpiont box trailor is passing there yard on the M62 a good photo ,Cheers Barry

It’s a bit grainy… But it is old…

Hi, Paul 101 , Thats the photo. thanks for putting it up. Cheers Barry

Didn’t think it was too bad myself really, let’s face it a comedy drama about REAL truck driving would be blooming boring, even worse than Stobarts fantasy hour and that’s saying something! Peeing in a bottle, or windscreen washer container, takes me back a bit though, do drivers still do that? :confused: I guess that Auf Weidershien Pet (spelling) showed brickies in a bad light, as did Boys from the Blackstuff and I feel sure that Airline staff are not as bad as portrayed in Mile High, or everyone in East London or Manchester is knocking everyone else off. Just entertainment and nothing to be taken seriously, real life’s for doing that. :sunglasses:

Pete.

windrush:
Didn’t think it was too bad myself really, let’s face it a comedy drama about REAL truck driving would be blooming boring, even worse than Stobarts fantasy hour and that’s saying something! Peeing in a bottle, or windscreen washer container, takes me back a bit though, do drivers still do that? :confused: I guess that Auf Weidershien Pet (spelling) showed brickies in a bad light, as did Boys from the Blackstuff and I feel sure that Airline staff are not as bad as portrayed in Mile High, or everyone in East London or Manchester is knocking everyone else off. Just entertainment and nothing to be taken seriously, real life’s for doing that. :sunglasses:

Pete.

Sounds like your a bit of a connoisseur when it comes to British TV through the ages…I remember Boys from the Black Stuff etc. etc. and I thought they were classic TV…but what do I know…

Me.Paul.101:

windrush:

Pete.

Sounds like your a bit of a connoisseur when it comes to British TV through the ages…I remember Boys from the Black Stuff etc. etc. and I thought they were classic TV…but what do I know…

It’s just light entertainment and not supposed to be a realistic reproduction of life in road haulage!
I especially liked the bit where he is supposedly shunting the little car at 80mph and another artic passes them both! - the other one must have been doing about 100mph then!

what can I say

Nothing

Me.Paul.101:

Granted, it was classic tv, but it doesn’t mean it reflected real life. Only Fools and Horses was classic tv’ but nobody really thinks that it is true life…or do they? I watch a hell of a lot of tv due to caring for someone who has a disability and sits in front of it most of the day so I guess that I see more than most. It is called Light Entertainment, however reading some of the posts on this forum regarding driver’s action on the road it perhaps isn’t so far removed from the truth after all as the job certainly appears to have gone down hill regarding standards! :wink:

Pete.

reading up a bit on this new series, it seems that it was going to be a comedy, then comedy/drama, then just a drama, now it is just comedy as it is as funny as hell.i would love to find out where they did there “research”.i did cringe at some of the antics ,and the missus did ask where i hid my thongs! i bet renault are getting some stick with the truck chase where the cab almost tilts itself.not one for the collection methinks.must try better.

I noticed the lack of damage on the car after the Renault had punted it a few times. If Renault lorries are so gentle with things they hit, would that qualify for a reduction in insurance premiums?

See what I did?
PREMIUMS ? Har-har!

Ffs R O F with lines like that they’d have you as a script writer :smiley:

1. They couldn’t afford me!
  2. I’d show the regular guys up too much!

And what’s the craic with that bird narrating the scenes? We can see for ourselves what’s happening.
Moan, whinge, mutter.

They got her at a premium rate, see what I did there, same as you but funnier fpms :smiley:

They were Renault Premiums then…See what I did there…