Truckers protest

bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-31613943

Oh crap, does this mean a flood of posts suggesting we should be more like the Brazilians now? The ‘we should be more like the French’ thing hasn’t been relevant for over 15 years now. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Blimey hope this doesn’t affect her in doors as she is going for a Brazilian this week so I have a nice landing strip the weekend.

Think we have already done this so no calls needed for similar action from the militant folk on here.
Im also quite happy with the economy at the moment and the gentle recovery thanks to our current government fixing labours mess as usual.

I like the driver having a 45 under his lorry. I’m hoping the illegals in Calais don’t see those photos, they’ll all be buying hammocks.
You are vary naughty DD, you know the ukippers will be on soon giving it large about what Lord nigel will do.

Coffeeholic:
Oh crap, does this mean a flood of posts suggesting we should be more like the Brazilians now? The ‘we should be more like the French’ thing hasn’t been relevant for over 15 years now. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Re. French Lorry Drivers, on strike sticking together, January 2015 for an increase in wages, they still know how to do it.
http://m.thelocal.com/20150119/traffic-jammed-as-french-truck-drivers-strike

Roads were blocked nationwide, with traffic backed up in Paris, Marseille, Bordeaux, Lyon, Metz and Lille.

Reports estimated that there were over 350 kilometres of traffic jams in greater Paris at 9am on Monday and 720 kilometres in the entire country.

Trade unions are demanding driver salaries to be increased to €10 an hour, with an additional one month’s bonus.

"The aim is not to disturb the population but for employers to react,” Pascal Goument of the union Confédération française des travailleurs chrétienstrade (CFTC), said in a statement.

Employers are only offering to increase salaries from 1 to 2 percent.

Henri Guaino of the right wing UMP party added that French drivers were facing “unfair” competition from Eastern European truck drivers.

The traffic situation is on the improve, however, with only 30 kilometres of traffic jams reported at 11am.

The strike could continue until Tuesday while annual negotiations are scheduled to take place on Tuesday and Thursday.

I like my ladies bits Brazilian. I like my coffee Brazilian.

My protests? ? Not so much…

:laughing:

Coffeeholic:

no chance of that,we don’t have the same bottle as the French or Brazilians,mind you I did like the idea of the hammock

the problem with the british drivers is no one has the guts to do any thing about it take the last fuel protest when the farmers and other companys got what they wanted it all faded away if we had the guts in this contry like the french we might get better wages and better conditions instead of drivers are two a penny

dualflags:
the problem with the british drivers is no one has the guts to do any thing about it take the last fuel protest when the farmers and other companys got what they wanted it all faded away if we had the guts in this contry like the french we might get better wages and better conditions instead of drivers are two a penny

not forgetting the governmint sent spooks from Mi5 to undermine said ringleaders and had a sniper team from the regiment watching his farm and gave him three days to pull the said STRIKE! :grimacing:

I dont think its about having guts to do it, more that the authorities here are not aligned with the workforce as they are in France.
block a road there and the police more or less used to turn a blind eye. Do it here and you will be charged with all manner of things before your truck, or rather the bosses truck, is towed

Coffeeholic:
Oh crap, does this mean a flood of posts suggesting we should be more like the Brazilians now? The ‘we should be more like the French’ thing hasn’t been relevant for over 15 years now. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote

5 posts later,and that’s it started…as always over the last 40 years anyway,british drivers and just fannys compared to the French solidarity for a variety of reasons,hence live with it…waffle all you want,itl never change until the cops join the same union and nobody will get charged with obstruction etc…itl never happen,so no point in dreaming ,if only we all got together…total pish as far as the uk is concerned…dream on… :unamused:

and while were on the subject of brazillians…if we can work out the figures for a million,a billion,and even a trillion,how much is a brazillion■■? :open_mouth:

Twoninety88:
I dont think its about having guts to do it, more that the authorities here are not aligned with the workforce as they are in France.
block a road there and the police more or less used to turn a blind eye. Do it here and you will be charged with all manner of things before your truck, or rather the bosses truck, is towed

What about those rolling road blocks during the fuel strikes?