Truckers Book

Anyone read any of the John Slater series of trucker books by Dave Furlong? I have just finished John Slater: The German Job and it’s good. Written by an ex driver/owner driver and transport journalist. At last. someone writing fiction for truckers. Just started John Slater: The Journey and it is different to say the least. I got mine from amazon as a Kindle but available as a paperback as well. I have also read Coffee to Go by Neil Hobbs and wondered just how he could remember so many things. I am on international work and can barely remember where I went last week never mind what I had for breakfast months ago. I would be interested if anyone could recommend similar books.

Cola cowboys

Thanks for that. I have read it. Did Middle East runs in the 70’s and found that book is a very accurate account. I can also recommend Destination Doha the BBC dvd from Amazon. That certainly brought back many happy and not so happy memories.

Got that DVD mate :slight_smile:

Long haul pioneer ? Is another good book think its more like a bed or coffee table book