Truckers Atles

Hi Guys,

I would like to know the best and up to date altas for truckers for Europe can anyone shed any light on this for me please.
:unamused:
MrT

I’ve always found the Michelin road maps to be the best. I’m sure others will agree, but of course others will have their fav’s

For France the Michelin is the best,
ITALY there is a set of THREE books
these are the best even though they are
expensive well worth it,can not remember the name
but some one will answer that, they are titled
North,Middle/center SOUTHERN; WITH these
you will find all your addresses no problem,

Thanks fella`s
Im sure there will be 101 more questions as this is my first C+E Job :unamused:

Are you driving for Express Trailers??

hi Bullitt,

No I was told to wait as Fahrenheit are getting new trucks?
i hade to wait for my digi card anyway so not a problem, im just trying to get everything i need to make life a little easyer while out tramping for them.

Im a newbie so im not 100% what to Expect.

In general michelin are the best maps but if you do a lot of germany try investing in the ADAC range of maps they are very good

Get a good sat nav, you only need a large scale map then.

got 2 garmin sat navs but like tom tom sent ether the wrong way knowing full well im going the right way (dont trust them) better have a good atlas to be on the safe side.

never trust a satnav, look the route up in a map and keep the satnav for address finding and mileage calculations for fuel, hours and parking :bulb:

That’s what i mean. You only need a large scale map to see the trunk section and let the sat nav do the local. The years of having piles of
A to Z’s are over. How many sat navs do you need to find your way round Malta ?.

welshboyinspain:
never trust a satnav, look the route up in a map and keep the satnav for address finding and mileage calculations for fuel, hours and parking :bulb:

Likewise.

lol i dont need them here its hard to get lost here. plus i really wouldent trust a maltese GPS map? it only works in the shade. lol

The set of 3 books are “Atlante Stradale D’Italia”. By far the best maps of Italy. Expensive yes, but well worth it. For Germany I have a good atlas by the german version of the AA, ADAC. This even shows Autohof’s in it. France just has to be Michelin.

brit pete:
For France the Michelin is the best,
ITALY there is a set of THREE books
these are the best even though they are
expensive well worth it,can not remember the name
but some one will answer that, they are titled
North,Middle/center SOUTHERN; WITH these
you will find all your addresses no problem,