Trucker timer app

Hi everyone

I’ve installed the trucker timer app and it looks very good and user friendly. Just wanted to know what settings are recommend for fail safe if that’s possible with it.

Thanks

User friendly enough. But if you can fathom out what WTD shift breaks is all about I’d be grateful.

I haven’t done my cat c yet but I’ve got it set up with the following:

Continuous Driving Limit
WTD Continuous Work Limit
Daily Driving Limit
Daily Rest Period Due
Weekly Driving Limit
WTD Weekly Working Limit
Fortnightly Driving Limit

If you set your location settings on it can record driving if you go over 3 kmh it starts to record as driving and you can choose which type of tacho to set it to ie pre or post 09 i think it is i dont use the driving bit anymore used to use it with analogue tachos but now just to record weekly working time mainly

What kph do the digi truck tachos start recording driving at ? These are the default settings

Im not sure but i think its around 3-4kmh

Thanks

Don’t trust this or any such device implicitly.

The tachograph time may not agree with your app device time and tacho’s do vary from truck to truck.

I find the best tachographs are those fitted to trucks that have an onboard dash display, much easier to use and less likely to fall foul of time discrepancies. WTD is a nightmare imho and no one I’ve met seems to fully understand this other than the basics 6 hours work - 30min break and daily rest 9hrs min or 11hrs on a 15 and 13 hr day respectively plus the weekly rest breaks.

To be honest I feel the whole system is too rigid and that common sense is more important, if I am feeling too tired and need a break I stop for my own safety and the safety of other road users and I don’t care what the WTD or the Driving Time is, except when the regulation is that I have to take a break e.g 6hrs work time and 4.5hrs driving time.

I got caught out with counting POA as rest once. I don’t understand the POA rules if I’m honest, so I try to avoid using it. There’s a tickbox whether or not to count POA as rest which I have now set not to. I wish I understood why this was optional - surely it either does or does not?

If i’ve understood correctly if you are paid for breaks there is not much point using poa.

maneman:
the basics 6 hours work - 30min break.

Wrong. A classic DCPC trainer error. After 6 hours of work you have to have had a minimum of 15 minutes break. If you work between 6 and 9 hours your breaks have to total 30 minutes. Nothing to stop you having 15 minutes before 6 hours working time is up then the other 15 somewhere within 6 to 9 hours if you have enouh driving hours left.

I’ve only just realised my misunderstanding of this. It is important to forget about breaks between 6 and 9 hours and over 9 hours.

What you need to look at is total hours worked. That will determine breaks needed. Also need to remember can’t work more than 6 hours without break. You don’t necessarily need to take the break between 6 and 9 hours and after 9 hours if the 6 hour rule has not been broken.

Assuming you don’t reach 4.5 hours of driving. Your shift is going to be 11 hours. You need 45 minutes of wtd break. So you could take all 45 minutes at the 5 hours mark. This satisfies 15 minute break in 6 hours. You’ve also satisfied the extra 30 minutes worth of breaks even though they have not been taken between 6 and 9 or after 9.