Trucker Timer App

Not having much luck getting this resolved on newbie page, wondered if any of you guys/gals are using it?

What is the countdown from 8 hours 45 minutes. Says it is WTD shift breaks.

Now if you do 15 minute break it resets to 8 hours 45 minutes and counts down.

Do another 15 minute break is resets to 11 hours and counts down.

Do another 15 minute break it resets to 11 hours and no longer counts down for rest of shift.

I have now disabled it and feel that the other timers are useful: driving limit before break needed, 6 hour WTD, daily rest, etc…

Not in a position yet where I need to use it but this is really jerking me off. All the claims that it is so popular with drivers someone must know what the hell this shift break timer is supposed to do.

Thanks.

Throw it in the bin and use common sense

Not far off doing that peirre.

My Chinese ‘truckers’ satnav, which is actually very good, also has a drivers hours thing built into it. If I stop somewhere for more than fifteen minutes it asks the question ‘was this a break?’ and resets itself accordingly. Can’t fault it, but the digi tacho is what counts as far as DVSA is concerned.

It looks like it is the breaks needed for upto 6 hours, 6-9 hours and over 9 hours but just doesn’t seem to be doing that. To reset itself at 8 hours 45 minutes after taking a 15 minute break isn’t going to catch the required break between 6-9 hours. No explanation anywhere. Not sure if the guy who designed has taken the proceeds and ■■■■■■ off. No email response. £3.32. ■■■■ poor customer service.

Assuming the use of a digi tacho, why would anyone feel the need to pay for a timer when any information required is there on the tacho with only a few button pushes?

Clearly not as popular as I thought or the website claims. Does have a few useful functions that a tacho won’t give you unless you do a print out and wade through all the ■■■■.

There’s nothing a printout will tell you that can’t be displayed by the tacho unit.

While they had their place in the days of paper charts, these timer Apps (and even dedicated hardware with the same functions) are largely irrelevant now that we have digital tachos. Better to spend your time/money learning and understanding the Regs.