Trucker looking for work

Hi I’m new on here had class 1 since 2000 I’ve done mainly European work I’ve even done 4 winters up in norway eany one now who are looking for drivers uk Europe I’m doing fridge work at mo not good money uk market work don’t mind the work just money

It’s best to give your location.

Brighton but willing to travel and stay away

Hi Doogie.If youv’e driven in Norway in the winter you could try working for a Norwegian company.I f you go to see them you can already say where you have driven which already puts you in front of inexperienced guys looking for work,plus with English you get further until you learn the local language.You could work say 1 month then have 1 week free or what i did,2 months then 1 month free.Up here in the mine we have guys that work 1 week on 1week off.Some work 1 month on,1 month off.If you have no problem to be away you could work for a foreign company.Good luck.Mike

Thanks mike eany companys in mind I can try a loty work was around tromso removals ul spec truck

Hi Doogie.Several drivers have asked me the same question.The answer is the same.The best thing you can do is take a holiday and go round a few companies in your chosen country or area and just bang on doors.You may be lucky and can start directly for someone.If your looking in the north you could try Nor Cargo in Tromsö.they have a lot ofsubbies.Alternatively you could drive a truck in the mine in Kiruna.Round Trondheim and ålesund there are a lot of small companies.4 mates of mine work around that area.Mike

dont work for skint knackerd not very good .

tramper mk1:

Not very good at what ?

tramper mk1:

If I was looking for work and they offer me a job, I’d accept.
They wouldn’t be my first choice, if I had one, not least because of commuting distance. But work is work.

I I find. Job then I think I relocate. Norway nice country people. winters harsh eany thing - 40 I’ve worked in - 27 in oslo but no work uk drivers here I’ve done cuple winters out there