Trucker Jay and his class one

jaylea:
Read some of the comments on here but going bed so I’ll read the rest later. Well yes I did major mess up, however I’d like to explain how it happened. And also Not I’m stopping doing videos for at least 6 months with exception to promotional, ones already uploaded but not published and one more video to point out how I messed up and point out how dangerous it could have been.

It was news to me when I saw comments on the YouTube channel I genuinely. Didn’t know I had messed up. I passed my test a year ago then didn’t use it til recently I was taught BLANK break legs air number plate king pin. I genuinely got it mixed up also I thought when the handbreak was on the trailer breaks were on. Nobody explained to me that it’s not the case. So I thought the trailer wouldn’t go anywhere. When your instructor lets you practise while he’s on the phone probably didn’t help. Hold my hands up [zb] up but certainly won’t do that ever again.

So I’ll make another video to show how I messed up and that it was pointed out to me by people on YouTube. Then I’ll not be doing videos.

I never thought I would be but I’m genuinely impressed with your attitude in this post Jay, I think we’ve all done some pretty daft and possibly even downright dangerous things at one time or another.
I didn’t watch the video before it was taken down but I think your inexperience and possible lack of thorough initial or follow up training showed through and you got it wrong, it happens, in a way it’s a good job you posted it on YouTube because due to the reactions both positive and negative I don’t think it’s a [zb] up you’ll ever likely repeat again. :smiley:

Live and learn, advice doesn’t get much simpler than that.

MTM12:
There are some holier than thou [zb] on here. He dropped a bollock, no bridge was hit, no truck was bent and nobody was hurt this time. I’m sure he will learn from it. Nothing to see here.

MickM

You obviously haven’t seen his earlier vids/blogs on youtube then !!! Go have a look at them and see the way that he drives and listen to the comments he makes whilst driving, you might suddenly change your opinion of him as a professional driver. Arrogant springs to mind!!

He sees himself as a trucking God but he is a long way off .

pierrot 14:
You obviously haven’t seen his earlier vids/blogs on youtube then !!! Go have a look at them and see the way that he drives and listen to the comments he makes whilst driving, you might suddenly change your opinion of him as a professional driver. Arrogant springs to mind!!
He sees himself as a trucking God but he is a long way off .

I have only seen a few of them, each to their own but it is evident in his videos that he has got anger issues, everyone is an idiot who either parks or walks near him. Certainly not a laid back driver that is a fact.

We all get ■■■■■■ off its just what makes us go.
I get ■■■■■ when I have some ‘older person’ or someone not in a rush in front of me who has to handbrake/neutral at a set of lights and then has to look at the gear stick to decide what gear to use after he/she has registered that the lights has changed!!!

I was always taught the FIRST thing to do was to use them two bright yellow chocks and chock the wheels, then crack on. Same with coupling, they were the last things to be removed.

Concretejim:
I was always taught the FIRST thing to do was to use them two bright yellow chocks and chock the wheels, then crack on. Same with coupling, they were the last things to be removed.

Not in the UK you weren’t!

Reef:

Concretejim:

Not in the UK you weren’t!

Me neither. I’ve seen them sitting there and I often wondered what they were for? OK so I’m being facetious (its Saturday after all), but they play no part in my coupling/uncoupling procedure that’s for sure.

adam277:
We all get ■■■■■■ off its just what makes us go.
I get ■■■■■ when I have some ‘older person’ or someone not in a rush in front of me who has to handbrake/neutral at a set of lights and then has to look at the gear stick to decide what gear to use after he/she has registered that the lights has changed!!!

If something that small bothers you that’s the first sign your in the wrong job and probably racing around like a headless chicken
It’s people who act this way that have the job in ■■■■ but saying that you just have to laugh at the way they go on

First thing I noticed on this thread was why does Mr Scribe think that just becase another member does not share his sychophantic love for this Jay lad, he lables him a troll…wtf is that all about? :open_mouth:

Can’t be arsed to watch the vid tbh, I’ve seen this lad’s vids before and in the past he has come across as a bit of a spanner whereby everybody else on the road around him is a ■■■■ and he’s God’s gift to puddle jumper trucking.
However reading this thread I assume he’s a new Class 1 driver now, tried to turn over a new leaf, and he’s ■■■■ ed up…how many of us have not whilst new, I know I sure as hell did, and I still ■■■■ up from time to time today, after the thick end of 30+ yrs.

That said the lad has come on here admitted he has made a balls up, and came over all humble, tried to explain himself, and wants to redeem himself, so why not give him a break?

As for shopping him to his firm? :open_mouth: ffs!
Why would anybody do that to anybody else, unless they had shagged his wife or something :unamused:
There’s a 6 page thread on Unions that prove drivers don’t stick together anymore, but this takes it to another level.

Give the lad a chance I say. I certainly aint one of his adoring fans by any means, but let’s just wait to he comes back on a vid driving a 44 tonner like a weapon, before we justifiably give him a hard time, but for now give him a chance to sort himself. :unamused:
Enough said.

robroy:
First thing I noticed on this thread was why does Mr Scribe think that just becase another member does not share his sychophantic love for this Jay lad, he lables him a troll…wtf is that all about? :open_mouth:

Can’t be arsed to watch the vid tbh, I’ve seen this lad’s vids before and in the past he has come across as a bit of a spanner whereby everybody else on the road around him is a [zb] and he’s God’s gift to puddle jumper trucking.
However reading this thread I assume he’s a new Class 1 driver now, tried to turn over a new leaf, and he’s [zb] ed up…how many of us have not whilst new, I know I sure as hell did, and I still [zb] up from time to time today, after the thick end of 30+ yrs.

That said the lad has come on here admitted he has made a balls up, and came over all humble, tried to explain himself, and wants to redeem himself, so why not give him a break?

Why would anybody do that to anybody else, unless they had shagged his wife or something :unamused:
There’s a 6 page thread on Unions that prove drivers don’t stick together anymore, but this takes it to another level.

Give the lad a chance I say. I certainly aint one of his adoring fans by any means, but let’s just wait to he comes back on a vid driving a 44 tonner like a weapon, before we justifiably give him a hard time, but for now give him a chance to sort himself. :unamused:
Enough said.

So by reading this one is just waiting for him to do a lot of damage with his weapon and be a little fare to him
Was it not if he ■■■■■■ someones wife

As ever the “I’ve never made a mistake” slagging. I don’t like his videos but obviously some people do. So if it helps bring more young blood into the industry all well and good. He made a mistake and got away with it this time. He’s apologised on the forum and realised his mistake ( not a lot would) I would bet no one who reads this has never made a mistake. Cut some slack

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

nightline:

robroy:

Can’t be arsed to watch the vid tbh, I’ve seen this lad’s vids before and in the past he has come across as a bit of a spanner whereby everybody else on the road around him is a [zb] and he’s God’s gift to puddle jumper trucking.
However reading this thread I assume he’s a new Class 1 driver now, tried to turn over a new leaf, and he’s [zb] ed up…how many of us have not whilst new, I know I sure as hell did, and I still [zb] up from time to time today, after the thick end of 30+ yrs.

Enough said.

So by reading this one is just waiting for him to do a lot of damage with his weapon and be a little fare to him
Was it not if he [zb] someones wife

I have recently taken to just ignoring you mate :bulb: ,… but just out of sheer curiousity, and wondering if it’s a question…Can you just run that one past me again? :neutral_face:
(Or not, I aint fussed)

robroy:
Can’t be arsed to watch the vid tbh

To quote your good self, enough said.

Scribe:

robroy:
Can’t be arsed to watch the vid tbh

To quote your good self, enough said.

Yeh but tbf I did give a good reason as to why I did not watch it.
And also tbf my comments had nothing to do with the specific vid, it was more about the reaction to this Jay lad in general.
Hope that helps to clarify. :neutral_face:

jaylea:
Read some of the comments on here but going bed so I’ll read the rest later. Well yes I did major mess up, however I’d like to explain how it happened. And also Not I’m stopping doing videos for at least 6 months with exception to promotional, ones already uploaded but not published and one more video to point out how I messed up and point out how dangerous it could have been.

It was news to me when I saw comments on the YouTube channel I genuinely. Didn’t know I had messed up. I passed my test a year ago then didn’t use it til recently I was taught BLANK break legs air number plate king pin. I genuinely got it mixed up also I thought when the handbreak was on the trailer breaks were on. Nobody explained to me that it’s not the case. So I thought the trailer wouldn’t go anywhere. When your instructor lets you practise while he’s on the phone probably didn’t help. Hold my hands up [zb] up but certainly won’t do that ever again.

So I’ll make another video to show how I messed up and that it was pointed out to me by people on YouTube. Then I’ll not be doing videos.

Fair play to you.

The video in question was in my Youtube recommended videos for some reason so I did see it, you’ve deserved the criticism you’ve got in the past but there’s a difference between reckless driving and making a genuine mistake as this was, we’ve all made mistakes and hopefully learned from them.

If you decide to make more videos ffs put the driving job as the first priority, in videos you don’t need to be explaining what you’re doing as you do it you could always do a talk over when you edit the video, I can’t help but wonder if maybe you would have made this mistake if you hadn’t been making a video.

Anyway, good luck with the class 1 job :wink:

robroy:

Not really. To be honest.

Here’s the thing right. I can’t abide bullying in any way shape or form and I hate the gang mentality that exists on platforms like TruckNet. And that’s not a slur on TruckNet. I think its an amazing platform and resource. But sometimes ‘I feel’ (just my opinion mind) people go a little bit far and this was one such instance.

I don’t know Jay. Never met him. But I like what it is he’s attempting to do with his YouTube channel and again ‘I feel’ he does it with the best intentions, rather than trying to make himself sound something he’s not.

So I thought, after watching the vid and recognising a mistake I’ve made more than once myself, I would give the lad a break and fight his corner. He wasn’t even involved in the thread when I joined in. Now he is, hopefully he will understand he is able to fight his own corner.

As far as my sycophantic behaviour goes it was Jay on this occasion next time it will be someone else. If I feel someone is getting an unnecessarily hard time, I’ll likely step in.

Can’t help myself.

Scribe:
As far as my sycophantic behaviour goes it was Jay on this occasion next time it will be someone else. If I feel someone is getting an unnecessarily hard time, I’ll likely step in.
Can’t help myself.

What a hero, a bit like Batman :smiley:

Scribe:

robroy:

Not really. To be honest.

Here’s the thing right. I can’t abide bullying in any way shape or form and I hate the gang mentality that exists on platforms like TruckNet. And that’s not a slur on TruckNet. I think its an amazing platform and resource. But sometimes ‘I feel’ (just my opinion mind) people go a little bit far and this was one such instance.

I don’t know Jay. Never met him. But I like what it is he’s attempting to do with his YouTube channel and again ‘I feel’ he does it with the best intentions, rather than trying to make himself sound something he’s not.

So I thought, after watching the vid and recognising a mistake I’ve made more than once myself, I would give the lad a break and fight his corner. He wasn’t even involved in the thread when I joined in. Now he is, hopefully he will understand he is able to fight his own corner.

Can’t help myself.

So not only are those who disagree with you trolls, there is also an element of bullying going on according to you. :unamused:
Firstly before I go any further, I really do hope that you are not accusing me of bullying, another on here has already done that.
No smoke without fire you may say, …but I was completely exonerated by the fact that if there was any real substance in it, my feet would not have touched on here as I would have been out of this forum on my arse, courtesy of the mods, and I’m still here. :bulb:
I also asked opinions on a specific bullying thread, (ironically on Bully’s forum ) giving anybody a chance to have a go at me about it, …where I was also completely exonerated. :bulb:

If you think any different mate, troll or bully, put a report in to the mods. :bulb:

That said, I also hate bullying, both in real life and if ever suspected on here, …where I have stood up for the victim.

What also gets up my arse though mate are those like yourself who shout ‘‘Bullying’’ at the least little thing, or at the drop of a hat.
Bullying is a serious issue and should not be treated in such a casual manner in terms of accusation.

As for this Jay guy, how exactly has he ‘done good with best intentions’’ up to press, by trying to promote and justify an outrageous aggressive style of driving exactly??
The fact that he has gathered an army of fans by this does not put the industry in a good light.

However as I said, he deserves a chance as he appears to have seen the error of his ways, and certainly does not deserve stick for making a mistake, that he apparentlly made in his latest vid.

robroy:
[However as I said, he deserves a chance as he appears to have seen the error of his ways, and certainly does not deserve stick for making a mistake, that he apparentlly made in his latest vid.

So lets agree on that.

Scribe:

robroy:
[However as I said, he deserves a chance as he appears to have seen the error of his ways, and certainly does not deserve stick for making a mistake, that he apparentlly made in his latest vid.

So lets agree on that.

Ok we will…but in future if you are going to make accusations, (especially about me) have some actual grounds. :bulb: