Trucker essentials? Go [emoji3]

Thought I would start a new thread on trucker essentials.

Just wondering what the best things are to carry with you on the job.

I know a few such as high viz, gloves etc but does anyone have any specifics.

Any help will do. Thanks

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

Depends if your home everynight or tramping.

il get it out of the way to start with.

a-z of good remote dogging laybys.sleeping bag,cable ties,bin liners,spade,coal hammer,rubber gloves,party hats,and a satnav…possibly someone may volunteer a good one?

For me it’s flask of hot water and tea bags. Starbucks are a rip off! But find hand sanitiser a must ( as an agency driver), rubbish bag, gloves I think you mentioned and a phone charger though some trucks 12v don’t work!

My first couple of weeks doing pallet work in a 26t in the countryside have had me searching for a handsaw on many many occasions! (I kid you not!)

But tree surgery aside, mostly fluid, lots of it, if you’re doing physical work you’ll sweat like hell and it can be difficult sometimes to time your tacho breaks with landing somewhere that you can buy refreshments. I take 2 litres out with me on a 10 hour day and it’s still is nowhere near enough.

spacemanZ10:
For me it’s flask of hot water and tea bags. Starbucks are a rip off! But find hand sanitiser a must ( as an agency driver), rubbish bag, gloves I think you mentioned and a phone charger though some trucks 12v don’t work!

I bought a portable battery pack to charge my phone from for use at festivals years ago. Might be a good thing to have if as you say the 12v on the truck don’t work.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Baby wipes and pack of plasters if you do a dirty job (like me collecting from recycle centres)

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

This is a good idea for a topic. Well done.

spacemanZ10:

I have a phone charger but think it’s only 12v. Are most trucks 24v. I’ll be driving a Mercedes. And they are quite modern. If I plugged my phone into a 24v port and the charger was only 12v would it just not work or could it possibly ruin my phone.

From Rugby truckstop I have invested im Eddie Stobart pyjamas, duvet cover, sleeping bag, cab curtains, work bag, wash bag, ALL in Eddies finest logo and colors .
The Mrs gets turned on if I wear Eddies finest pyjamas, she fantasized that I was Mark Dixon .
If I put glasses on, she fantasized that I was Trucker Jay .

A phone with a good data package and a fleshlight are my bare essentials, everything else is just gravy.

cheetham100:

spacemanZ10:

I have a phone charger but think it’s only 12v. Are most trucks 24v. I’ll be driving a Mercedes. And they are quite modern. If I plugged my phone into a 24v port and the charger was only 12v would it just not work or could it possibly ruin my phone.

Hi Cheetham never thought about the voltage I’m not even sure they are 12v I just meant the ■■■ lighter. Some lorries it charges others not.
Like the idea of the charge pack though!

cheetham100:

spacemanZ10:

I drive an Actros and charge the phone and sat nav from a 24v socket without any problems.
Apart from that wash kit including baby wipes, a few changes of clothes, tv, cooker (I use a small slow cooker), minimum 300w 24v inverter to run these, spare gloves, screen cleaner, cloths.
That’s enough for now :laughing:

Flip flops, for the showers sometimes wellington boots might be safer.
Frilly curtains, a d pelmet.
Gas stove and spare canisters, knife and fork, change of clothes, in case yours get dirty, Torch thermal beaker, Greggs loyalty card. List is endless…
A decent road map with bridge heights eg Phillips navigator truckers.
Diocalm, ibuprofen