Trucker died in Germany

I speak barely some german, but I guess that he was riding on the train and the wind blow his lorry off the car?

spiegel.de/video/video-1020017.html

orys:
I speak barely some german, but I guess that he was riding on the train and the wind blow his lorry off the car?

spiegel.de/video/video-1020017.html

One dead in car transport train accident on island causeway

A 32-year-old man is dead after he was thrown from a cargo truck that fell from a vehicle transport train on the causeway to the German North Sea island of Sylt.

The truck driver, who was thrown into the water in the accident, died at the scene on Thursday along the Hindenburgdamm, a historic railway corridor between Sylt and the mainland that transports more than 450,000 vehicles each year.

A train conductor who provided first aid to the man suffered hypothermia from the cold water, but his efforts were in vain, police said.

A passenger in the truck laden with insulation materials was also severely injured in the accident, which investigators believe may have been cause by high winds.

“Such a thing has never happened before,” a Flensburg police spokesperson said. “We’re investigating in all directions.”

The truck was travelling the 11-kilometre stretch between mainland city of Niebüll in the state of Schleswig-Holstein and Westerland on Sylt on a special train wagon for large vehicles.

Police closed the railway for three hours, but still hadn’t removed the fallen vehicle on Friday morning due to stormy weather conditions, they said. Traffic was not hindered because the accident did not damage or block the train tracks.

Don’t the tie down the trucks on those trains? funk getting on that train! :open_mouth:

It looks like they use only the wheelchocks just like one when travels by train
to Italy, Austria, Hungary, But such a accident has never happened before, This vehicle was high sided and lightly loaded with building insulation products,and it the wind was that strong it pushed the vehicle over,The german accident office along with the police will do their investigation and then we will find out the exact reason for this tragic accident,

so the conductor gave first aid, he ended up getting hypothermia, and the truck was carrying insulation.
obviously not very good insulation. “foreign rubbish”.

very witty. :unamused:

limeyphil:
so the conductor gave first aid, he ended up getting hypothermia, and the truck was carrying insulation.

I can just feel the empathy you have with these victims,this one and the Spar driver. :open_mouth: You are a real comfort to the sick and needy. :unamused:

Dunno then?:

limeyphil:

I can just feel the empathy you have with these victims,this one and the Spar driver. :open_mouth: You are a real comfort to the sick and needy. :unamused:

i might do some work at the samaritans in that case. :laughing:

limeyphil:

Dunno then?:

limeyphil:

i might do some work at the samaritans in that case. :laughing:

Good man! You are forgiven,go about your daily business. :wink: