Truck work and van work

Hi all, just had a phonecall from agencie offering me 4 days work a mixture of 18t 7.5t and van work, now i know the 18t and 7.5t will use a tacho of some sort which will record my activities, now how does van work come into it all? im know if its 3.5t or over then it should have a tacho but under that do i have to record anything? if i have to what and how do i do this?

This will be my first job since doing my tests etc so a little nervous, ideally not what i want id rather have class 1 work or decent class 2 work but work is work and it means some pennys!!!

Thanks all for any advice

Dave

DaveRichards:
Hi all, just had a phonecall from agencie offering me 4 days work a mixture of 18t 7.5t and van work, now i know the 18t and 7.5t will use a tacho of some sort which will record my activities, now how does van work come into it all? im know if its 3.5t or over then it should have a tacho but under that do i have to record anything? if i have to what and how do i do this?

This will be my first job since doing my tests etc so a little nervous, ideally not what i want id rather have class 1 work or decent class 2 work but work is work and it means some pennys!!!

Thanks all for any advice

Dave

In any WEEK (sunday midnight to sunday midnight) when any EU regs driving is done any other work such as driving vehicles under 3.5 tonnes GVW gets recorded as ‘other work’ on seperate analogue cards (one for each day) with your name, date, start and finish times on each or on digi printouts or inputted onto a digi card or if just in UK, by using a domestic record sheet

Thhat’s how I read the regs on this but perhaps others will have a more definitive answer …

If you drive the van on the same day as you drive one of the trucks make manual entries either with the manual input facility on the digi tacho or on your chart for that day.

If you have a day in the week when you only drive the van you need to record this and the easiest method is using a chart but you could use the manual entry on the digi tacho, if you will have access to one, or on a printout.

Record it as other work and include any breaks you have.