Truck weight limit help

Hi

Can someone run me through how you work out the weight limit on a 7.5ton waggon,no trailer, ie how much it can carry as i think some off our vehicles arnt weighted up correctly from looking at there tickets from weigh bridges.
I can give you the details on 1 off the vehicles and what work has it down at carrying and then someone take me through how you work out its carrying weight, ie stock on board less palletts and pallett truck as i have there weight and can deduct these at a later date.

Here goes

Gross weight 7500kg
Train weight 11000kg

Axle 1 3400kg
Axle 2 5000kg

weighbridge 4700kg
work worked out from the above figures that it could then carry 2860kg

rgds
paul

The vehicle GVW is 7.5t or 7500Kg

That is the maximum permitted weight of the vehicle when it it loaded with goods, fuel, driver etc.

The train weight is the combined maximum permitted weight of vehicle as above plus a trailer.

Assuming the vehicle is 4700kg with fuel and driver but no goods then your payload is 2800kg that could be 2500kg of stock plus 300 of pallets & truck or whatever but not to exceed 7500kg.

The combined axle weights add up to more than 7500kg but you cannot exceed it, if you max the load on the rear axle at 5000kg, then you would only have 2500kg for the front axle. Likewise 3400kg on the front would be a max of 4100kg on the rear. Or combination of.

Hi

The 4700kg is what came back on the ticket from weigh bridge then someone in our office said the vehicle could hold 2800kg off goods but from the above figures i dont know how they got the 2800kg of goods without knowing if it could be over weight or not.

We have similar vehicles and they have different weight to these thats why i wanted to check this and how its worked out so then i can go double check them so there not going out over loaded and get pulled by vosa.

paul

weigh the truck empty ,lets say it is 3850 kg ,deduct from 7500kg = 3650 kg ,thats how much you can carry ,including driver ,fuel , etc

as for working out how much the load weighs ,you need to know the weight of it :confused:

paul1968uk:
The 4700kg is what came back on the ticket from weigh bridge then someone in our office said the vehicle could hold 2800kg off goods but from the above figures i dont know how they got the 2800kg of goods without knowing if it could be over weight or not.

if it was empty when they weighed it, the 4700kg is the unladen weight.

It’s Gross ( maximum) weight is 7500kg so you deduct the unladen weight from the Gross weight to get payload.

7500kg - 4700kg = 2800kg

re ton
a ton is imperial
a tonne is metric
all weights are now given as metric

1 ton = 1.016 tonne

And tonne = 1000kg All vehicle weights are metric these days unless someone knows different?

hitch:
re ton
a ton is imperial
a tonne is metric

1 ton = 1.016 tonne

Although correct, that may confuse him more.

The transport industry in general use TONNES which equal 1000 Kilograms
The TON was split into Tons, CWT (Hundredweights) and QTR (Quarters) which as Hitch said 1016kg

However in the land of the free and the relatively stupid, they use their own measurement, they buy in dollars, they weigh in pounds and use a different measure for liquids. Gallons against US Gallons.

The American Ton is equal to 2000 Lbs which is only equal to 907.2 kg. So although they have those big butch looking trucks with fancy engines and no comfort, the weight limits in the US is 80,000 Lbs which they call 40 Tonnes. So with all their willy waving, double drive trucks and 53’ trailers, they can only gross out at a lowly 36288kg. The same as our cute little Volvo F7 in 1992 :laughing:

245 Horsepower at 36 tonne

700 Horsepower at 36 Tonne

Always liked that F7 cab.

Wheel Nut:

hitch:
re ton
a ton is imperial
a tonne is metric

1 ton = 1.016 tonne

The TON was split into Tons, CWT (Hundredweights) and QTR (Quarters) which as Hitch said 1016kg

However in the land of the free and the relatively stupid, they use their own measurement, they buy in dollars, they weigh in pounds and use a different measure for liquids. Gallons against US Gallons.

The American Ton is equal to 2000 Lbs which is only equal to 907.2 kg. So although they have those big butch looking trucks with fancy engines and no comfort, the weight limits in the US is 80,000 Lbs which they call 40 Tonnes. So with all their willy waving, double drive trucks and 53’ trailers, they can only gross out at a lowly 36288kg. The same as our cute little Volvo F7 in 1992 :laughing:

Brilliant lool

44 Tonne Ton:

I take it you’re not over 6 feet tall, Ton. I always felt cramped in them.

DieselDemon:

44 Tonne Ton:

I take it you’re not over 6 feet tall, Ton. I always felt cramped in them.

I am less than 6’ I liked them too, that one is in lovely condition even if the stack is slightly OTT

Wheel Nut:

hitch:
re ton
a ton is imperial
a tonne is metric

1 ton = 1.016 tonne

But how good would an F7 be when you’re living with the thing for a week or 2,and climbing moutains and zb great big long drag inclines for mile after mile at 36 t pulling a Brit type height trailer to go under yank bridges :question: . :open_mouth: :laughing:

But I’ve given up trying to make the case for double drive in zb weather when running with low axle weights to stop the roads ending up like ours for those who can’t understand the idea. :smiling_imp: :unamused: :laughing:

But just think of all those lost sales that Volvo missed out on and all that comfort that those yank drivers missed out on by not shipping loads of the zb things into the States and using those instead of those big nasty overpowered oversized yank trucks. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: