Truck to ship overseas

Hi,

Can anyone could help in getting our truck overseas?

It’s a Renault Magnum 440 (front-tractor unit), needing to go in the next week or two.

Please let me know if you are interested / or can help and have any contacts that we could use.

Thanks

Where to?

Going to Varna (Bulgaria).

Give rh freight a ring… one of their double man teams can drive it back.

Cant someone just post you the bg number plates over no doubt it will be comeing back to do traction at third world rates.

jessicas dad:
Give rh freight a ring… one of their double man teams can drive it back.

RH Freight have been bought and taken over by Keuhne and Nagel - but thanks for the advice anyway :wink:

kr79:
Cant someone just post you the bg number plates over no doubt it will be comeing back to do traction at third world rates.

As far as i’m aware, the truck needs to go to Bulgaria to be re-registered and have new number-plating… (unless there’s something you know that I don’t??)

If it can be driven, Then i’ll drive it there.

giv cargo secure a ring in Felixstowe !!! they ship stuff everyware !! not sure of the number tho sorry !!!

Cargo secure

01394 271010

EKOL a Turkish firm go in to Bulgaria.
Or try Dsv in Avonmouth Bristol or Davies Turner Avonmouth.
They have many contacts and owner drivers to use.
You may find someone to drive it.I would for no wage.Just expenses and the flight back via Balkan airlines.Via Bourgas.

limeyphil:

I already have a driver but will keep you in mind just in case - thanks.

Goaty:
Cargo secure

01394 271010

Thank you very much! :wink:

DennisNassar:

limeyphil:

If you have a driver, Then why do you need a shipping company/haulier to take it there?

Because the truck isn’t taxed to drive in UK, and was wondering how much it might cost in comparison to fuel costs by driving;

limeyphil:

DennisNassar:

limeyphil:

If you have a driver, Then why do you need a shipping company/haulier to take it there?

DennisNassar:
Because the truck isn’t taxed to drive in UK, and was wondering how much it might cost in comparison to fuel costs by driving;

limeyphil:

DennisNassar:

limeyphil:

Whatever shipper you use will have exactly the same fuel costs as you (and then a bit more on top) why would they ship it at a loss for you?
Can you not borrow some trade plates to get it on the ferry/tunnel, once abroad VED is not relevant.

DennisNassar:

limeyphil:

DennisNassar:

limeyphil:

Fair enough, You could tax it private light goods as long as there’s no trailer on it.

Indeed I have quickly realised that another shipping/haulage company wouldn’t do the transportation for any less than I’d be paying myself in fuel etc. however, I was still enquiring more so to put the feelers out there. One thing it has prepared me for is ensuring that I have 2 drivers so as to cover as much road in as short a time as possible.

m1cks:

DennisNassar:

limeyphil:

DennisNassar:

limeyphil:

Whatever shipper you use will have exactly the same fuel costs as you (and then a bit more on top) why would they ship it at a loss for you?
Can you not borrow some trade plates to get it on the ferry/tunnel, once abroad VED is not relevant.

why the need for two drivers? if you had sent it on it’s way a week ago, before starting this thread, it would’ve been there a long time ago, with single driver.

Could not start driving the truck until all required documentation received (V5C4 for export etc.) however, the truck will be going next week sometime so will require 2nd driver then if anyone still interested?

milodon:
why the need for two drivers? if you had sent it on it’s way a week ago, before starting this thread, it would’ve been there a long time ago, with single driver.