Truck Theft Alert "Driver sign up"

Another website that I don’t know whether I can put on here has set up a Lorry Theft Alert by text, and is asking for drivers to sign up to the scheme. It has been published in all trucking media yet no mention on here anywhere.

Whatever the differences between websites, Truck Crime involves us all and should get the support to make it work.

It is a simple method for drivers to sign up then receive a text to tell them the details of stolen vehicles, making drivers the eyes on the road.

Got to be a good thing with hijackings and drivers getting assaulted.

If a Mod or Admin wish to mention the site it is up to you. If not a reason would be appreciated.
John

it goes live on 1st Feb

when a truck is REPORTED stolen, it is sent out as a txt to all members of the scheme. eveyone has a unique membership number to use if you spot a stolen vehicle and its free to join

so we have the info for the site all we need is addy

no probs once permission is granted. i dont want to step on toes.

Mods/Admin?

scanny77:
no probs once permission is granted. i dont want to step on toes.

Mods/Admin?

thanks for asking :smiley:
the link to the text alert …
CLICK HERE

cheers Rikki :wink:

Well done Trucknetuk

good to see a link to the site for signing up’

As It says on there, truckcrime should be the one thing that we should all stand up and fight against, never know who the next victim might be.

I am a victim and it took a long time to get over it, hence why I am trying to get you involved in signing up, Cost you nothing, takes about one minute, and imagine the pleasure if you are able to inform police where the stolen vehivle is being unloaded.

Thanks Rikki for allowing it

although i have not personally been a victim, i would hate to think of any of my online colleagues being victims. thanks enough of an excuse for me to get involved

again, thanks to Rikki for both permission and sorting the link out.

thanks to John too for bringing this to the attention of everyone here

My pleasure Scanny77
I look around all the froums out there but in all truth rarely post unless I think it is something important. Not one for just chatting :laughing: :laughing:

Something like this Text alert, is something that could help beat the crims, and I am surprised there has not been more comments on here and was surprised to find it near the bottom of the page.

Maybe when you get smacked over the head from behind and end up in hospital, then you will take more notice.

Come on drivers join up to it, what you got to lose, what do you reckon■■?

It sounds pretty ■■■■ sensible to me, having seen first hand how low a priority the police give truck crime… :open_mouth: :wink:

Lucy:
It sounds pretty ■■■■ sensible to me, having seen first hand how low a priority the police give truck crime… :open_mouth: :wink:

Good to see admin see the benefit :smiley: :smiley:
Maybe a sticky then, especially if Lucy has signed up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I signed up a few weeks ago.

the first alert has now gone out. it is the first trial with all members and it worked. further info on the alerts has now been made available on the website. the first alert involved a lorry stolen last night at 8.30 in wiltshire. info can be found on TW

Yep it worked for me ,got all details no problem

Got it too,no probs.Great idea and I really hope it works :slight_smile:

i cant get the link to work help :frowning:

The vehicle has now been recovered, found in Gloucestershire.

Tim has passed his thanks on to all concerned with the alert, not sure yet whether it was a alert member or not yet.
But a result whichever way.
Thanks

The link has changed due to a new website.
Info is here.
Click Here

Delete if out of order Rikki

Got my text alert along with the rest of you and had my eyes peeled for the stolen vehicle.

Good to see it got a quick result and if drivers can start to show we are looking out for them can only bring us credit in the industry.

The more drivers that sign up to the alerts has got to be better in the chances of finding it.
Could possibly do with some major publicity. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

How about it Andy www.roadtransport.com :question: :question: the sort of thing you should be publicising on the new website and proving your link to drivers.

Await my next alert.

JohnGr:
How about it Andy www.roadtransport.com :question: :question: the sort of thing you should be publicising on the new website and proving your link to drivers.

subtle :laughing:

i like your style. no BS, straight to the point and in your face :sunglasses:

I didn’t get the text.

I was in Germany when it went out, but that shouldn’t make any difference.