Truck Tables

Hi has anyone purchased one of these tables if so how did you paint it or treat it, just I want to get one but not sure if my crap diy skills will do it justice…

http://www.hgv-trucktables.co.uk/

Depends what sort of finish you want on it. Metacote do a good range of wood spray paints. B&Q sell them.

do a search on ebay for that name because I’m sure there is someone on ebay that has different prices on there than on their website. also I’m sure there were a few bits of bad feedback from people saying they wer epoor fitting etc. might be someone else but just can’t remember, it was ages ago

I would think twice about buying a table at the moment .
I’m sure I heard recently that vosa had a hardon for thing obstucting you view, flags , sat-navs,tables etc.

they look ok and are only mdf so easy to trim to fit if required,paint is the only option as mdf cannot be stained but would look ok just clear varnished.

VOSA arebeing pedantic [zb] over tables at moment. If you work for a British operator they may not like prohibitions on their record for tables.

alfa man is correct vosa are being a pain a mate got done £30 and ours are bolted in

hi all seen this sit nice bit off kit easy to paint

peterq5422:
mdf cannot be stained but would look ok just clear varnished.

mdf can be stained, i have been a woodworker all my life and i make truck tables for the lads at work.
the ones you see with nice veneer are sold in truckstops for about £90, expensive but look nice.
but veneered mdf is now very expensive as my brother buys a lot as he makes wooden play furniture for schools. as well as drawers/ tables and bookcases.

i got mine off ebay, to fit an 09 scania p series dash, went together well, i just undercoated it, then a trip down to halfrauds for some basic car primer and a coat of matt black, looks ok,
as for vosa comments, think i might take mine out for a few weeks then!!!

we had a 57 reg MAN TGAXXL at the test station last week, VOSA guy told the mechanic that if he didnt remove the factory-fitted table he would fail it. Good job he’d took a few tools coz theyre screwed to the dash!

wagonlad:
Hi has anyone purchased one of these tables if so how did you paint it or treat it, just I want to get one but not sure if my crap diy skills will do it justice…

http://www.hgv-trucktables.co.uk/

only £21 on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scania-P-Series-2005-Short-Center-Truck-Dash-Table-/250802035702?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item3a64f75bf6

as for VOSA, what about getting a clear perspex one, I’m sure I have seen them for a Scania

jimti:
as for VOSA, what about getting a clear perspex one, I’m sure I have seen them for a Scania

I tried one of those, but still couldn’t see through my coffee maker sat on top of it :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Simon:

jimti:

I tried one of those, but still couldn’t see through my coffee maker sat on top of it :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I would never put a coffee maker on those :bulb:

there is a risk of getting the TV wet :smiling_imp:

I made one for my scania out of mdf/rubber edging and some walnut effect fablon,
I just looked at the designs on ebay/google image and copied them :smiley:
Use some cardboard to template first or just buy a mdf one and cover it with fablon,
I think it looks good and had a few comments now saying I should give up driving and make truck tables!

Either my driving skills are really bad or my truck table looks pretty good :confused:

Ill get a couple of pictures in the week and upload them and let you guys be the judges! :smiley:

I think they look abit silly personally.

I saw someone put some in an FH once , you could lose a car in the blindspot they created !

I guess that’s why VOSA don’t like them :wink:

just bought one of these for the TG-A, good fit and look well

cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCANIA-TRUCK-TABL … 1c1afda817

shuttlespanker:

you bought a table with Scania on for a MAN :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

have you finally lost the plot ? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Denis F:

shuttlespanker:

you bought a table with Scania on for a MAN :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

have you finally lost the plot ? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

:unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i bought the MAN version :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: