truck stops

anyone know where i can get hold of an upto date list of ALL truckstops in england scotland and wales
, i am fed up with stopping at msa and being charged extortionate rates only to find showers dont work ect ect :cry:

If you go on www.highways.gov.uk ,click on ‘knowledge centre’ on left hand menu,then click 'hgv drivers,then click on ‘guide to truckstops in england’ on right hand side.Click on ‘pdf file’ and print off.

Im not sure how good it is,but looks reasonable to me,especially for free.

extrucker:
If you go on highways.gov.uk ,click on ‘knowledge centre’ on left hand menu,then click 'hgv drivers,then click on ‘guide to truckstops in england’ on right hand side.Click on ‘pdf file’ and print off.

Im not sure how good it is,but looks reasonable to me,especially for free.

many thanks for that just had a look and saqved it to favourites for future reference :smiley:

truckstop news has a list
posts like one just put on about Tebay
cafes you pass or places you spot
just make a note and add them to your sat nav

some one does a POI for places to park but i dont have link

transportcafe.co.uk/

bazza1965:
anyone know where i can get hold of an upto date list of ALL truckstops in england scotland and wales
, i am fed up with stopping at msa and being charged extortionate rates only to find showers dont work ect ect :cry:

if you have a tomtom i’ll send you a poi file of all the places i’ve ever been too

Mr B:

bazza1965:

if you have a tomtom i’ll send you a poi file of all the places i’ve ever been too

yes i do have a tom tom that would be really helpfull many thanks :smiley:

Theres a download available from low bridges . com fella its a tenner with lifetime subsciption and reguler updates its available for tom tom and garman

I Had the misfortune to stop at stibbington yesterday what a **** hole, truck park 2’ deep in mud, food not very good tea was drinkable just, tables not cleaned correctly the whole place could do with a revamp and some friendly staff instead of egor and the two ■■■ ash lils that were there yesterday, i will never stop there again but where is there thats decent to take a break on the A1.

there’s a free book you can pick up i think it’s published by the highways agency or some other government agency.
i picked one up in ashford truckstop, it has a lot of places in it but not all are decent

amazon.co.uk/Truckers-Handbo … 807&sr=8-1

I use this, it’s in its second edition now, and a lot of the irritating problems with the indexing have been sorted out from the first edition.

A lot of the info goes out of date very quickly. I.e. the costs of parking and other details; I went to one place that said pub food and showers across the road, landlord friendly to truckers etc. Got there, and pub no longer does food or lets people use the showers which is a bit of a pig if you are out of hours and dirty/hungry.

Still, things like that change so quickly, you can hardly blame the book. It’s a good basis to work from instead of just driving in a random direction hoping for the best.

Unfortunately we don’t get parking paid so there are next to no places cheap enough to make me want to use my own wages. I shower at motorway services (welcome break seem better than others for maintenance and cleanliness of showers) and pick up food wherever I can.

Finding half decent laybys can be a job, an index or something would be nice sometimes, but would be a very bad idea in the wrong hands for obvious reasons.