Truck stops

Is it just me or , Is it bloody annoying when the truck next to you starts up at dark o’clock in the morning and sits with his engine running for 30 to 40 mins before pulling out ! :angry: :angry: . is 5 mins not enough ?

big-john:
Is it just me or , Is it bloody annoying when the truck next to you starts up at dark o’clock in the morning and sits with his engine running for 30 to 40 mins before pulling out ! :angry: :angry: . is 5 mins not enough ?

No it aint just you mate, I’ve had one or two altercations in the past, stood irate early morning, at some inconsiderate ■■■■ of a drivers window in me undercrackers. :blush:

If I’m parked next to a sleeper cab with drawn curtains in a morning, I get away asap

robroy:

big-john:

No it aint just you mate, I’ve had one or two altercations in the past, stood irate early morning, at some inconsiderate [zb] of a drivers window in me undercrackers. :blush:

If I’m parked next to a sleeper cab with drawn curtains in a morning, I get away asap

It seems to be getting more common . Happened to me this morning @ the green welly Chatteris .

big-john:
is 5 mins not enough ?

Thats too much, less than a minute should do

Pimpdaddy:

big-john:
is 5 mins not enough ?

Thats too much, less than a minute should do

I concur

big-john:
I concur

I used to just fire it up & go, cut down on noise, emissions & fuel consumption

Pimpdaddy:

big-john:
I concur

Weren’t you cold?

When I worked lates I’d try to ■■■■ around as little as possible if I had to use the services. Beepers off, whap it in asap. Sadly one vehicle I used on that job you couldn’t turn the beeper off. Sure it must’ve ■■■■■■ off the houses round the back of the drop but oh well. Not like the backdoorman used to give a ■■■■ :laughing:

htmldude:
Weren’t you cold?

No, used the auxiliary heater if it was serviceable

Pimpdaddy:

big-john:
I concur

Personally speaking I couldn’t give a toss about the Emissions

What about two drivers that are talking loudly or shouting by a lorry that has it’s cab
curtains drawn, they are cracking jokes or how many drops they had , inconsiderate muppets .
A modern engine does not need ages to warm it,or when parking at night, there is no need for it idle it to cool it down .
When parked up in Europe on a weekly or daily rest period, the Eastern European drivers start their engines for twenty minutes to charge batteries after using their tv satellite or lap top computers.
They run engines all night and day, with 400 trucks parked, you get no sleep .
For two days or more, you do not see them get out the cab, if they sleep all day, how do they sleep at night ?

Can’t say as I’ve ever had any one do that in England. Different world over here though. I’m currently parked up for the night in a truck stop in Virginia and my reefer is running, as well as my APU (diesel generator for in cab mains power, a/c and heat) and no one bats an eye lid, probably because the trucks either side of me are idling their main engines, as will a big percentage of all the trucks here be doing.

If most drivers in England were suddenly transplanted to the job here, they’d have a baby they’d be so upset by the noise but you soon get used to it and the noise of your own vehicle acts as white noise to cancel out that of neighbouring vehicles anyway.