Truck stop

Ah was up in Fort William couple weeks back if you were that far north could have stayed did have a nice clean hot shower there as well :laughing: :laughing:

Had to do the train as not allowed to drive for a few more weeks then I will be back to terrorise you lot on the road :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:

animal:
Should have stopped by here nice clean ish shower ( well not easy for me to clean atm due to being plastered due to fractured ankle ruptured achilles & torn ligaments ) but water is hot

Rules out Swindon then.

Just a bit

Pfffft way too far north for me

happysack:
Pfffft way too far north for me

That is going Scotch lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Argh stop it man

I’m hoping I’ll get the full set of trucking greats. Looking for some one with a cheapo tape measure trying to measure the height of his load!

happysack:
I’m hoping I’ll get the full set of trucking greats. Looking for some one with a cheapo tape measure trying to measure the height of his load!

You owe me a new lappy for that one pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: laugh so much it fell on floor :laughing: :laughing:

as for the yank freightliner that can hook upto a 53ft on the side of the pond its from be nice drive with steer axle set so far fwd . mind you alot of euro nancy auto boys might not like the 18spd eaton fuller :smiley:

stevejones:
as for the yank freightliner that can hook upto a 53ft on the side of the pond its from be nice drive with steer axle set so far fwd . mind you alot of euro nancy auto boys might not like the 18spd eaton fuller :smiley:

Your side of the pond I would love to drive it …lovely box .
But in the UK it would be a nightmare

very true 3wheeler ive had a couple of the yank classics peterbilt/and american spec western star /kenworth/ and even over here some del points can make u sweat a bit lol

tango boy:
I thought going Scotch was a proper Truckers term :blush: :blush: :blush:

It is when talking about the preferred way eggs are served.

stevejones:

Would multi drop round London be pushing it a bit ? with that 53 foot behind of course. Ole Boris’d have a fit. :slight_smile:

peterm:
Would multi drop round London be pushing it a bit ? with that 53 foot behind of course. Ole Boris’d have a fit. :slight_smile:

It’d be fine. Given the length of truck and trailer, 95% of London’s junctions being as small as they are would prevent turning left, thus no dead oxygen thieves on two wheels to be found under that “Thundering juggernaut menace” or whatever it is that the media are calling trucks these days.

happysack:
I have the misfortune of being in a truck stop tonight. I needed a shower and the parking is on account so I ended up here. Now I’m looking out the window and is has come flooding back to me why I don’t frequent these places. Wagon drivers. You have the stobart general haulage glory boys strutting around like green peacocks. Just seen a driver of an apparent prestige company wander back from the the main building and then walk to the back of his trailer for a ■■■■■. A thing waddled by 5 minutes ago. I think I might beat him to the main building, as I’ll be 53 stone lighter. Numerous examples of severely unhealthy looking specimens sucking on ■■■■ / ecigs like their life depends on it. …I’ve only been here 15 minutes and my skin is crawling.

Oh and I know the showers will be minging. Morning time please come quickly.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience happysack.
My evening was quite different.
After pulling in at shepshed,i enjoyed a tasty lamb dinner(75p)
I then adjourned to the bar where i watched football over a few pints with a mate.
There were some other blokes watching the football and a couple stood at the bar.
One bloke was sat quietly reading…deffo no peacocks,gold or heroes.
Just taken my shower and enjoying a coffee before once more heading into the metropolis.
Must crack on…i’ve got dunstable for 10

At 4 am the peacock parked next to me seemed oblivious to his alarm ■■■■. After 3 minutes he switched it off. At 4.05 he fired up his mighty volvo. After it ticked over for 5 minutes he switched it off. I just was just dozing off at 4.15 when it fired up again along with his radio turned upto max. I was a tad annoyed.

Dear driver may I suggest you invest in a hearing aid and a dose of consideration.

happysack:
At 4 am the peacock parked next to me seemed oblivious to his alarm ■■■■. After 3 minutes he switched it off. At 4.05 he fired up his mighty volvo. After it ticked over for 5 minutes he switched it off. I just was just dozing off at 4.15 when it fired up again along with his radio turned upto max. I was a tad annoyed.

Dear driver may I suggest you invest in a hearing aid and a dose of consideration.

You sound more like UNhappysack bud.
Stobbies boys calling each other, and generally bickering? :open_mouth: who would have thought.
I best give my mates The Chuckle Brothers aka Bert & Ernie a bell, and tell em Their drivers are revolting…up Scotch :laughing:

Ha ha rob. I make no secret my dislike of my fellow shirkers